Samuel L has an opinion

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Samuel L has an opinion

Post by QuackininBama »

Samuel L. Jackson has been a lifelong sports fan.

But it's probably safe to say that the Oregon Ducks don't rank high on his list of favorite teams.

After the Ducks dropped out of the AP Top 25 for the first time since the 2009 season following their 62-20 thumping from the Utah Utes, the Oscar-nominated actor had a few thoughts on that team out of Eugene.
http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12/post/_/id ... -the-polls
lmduck

Re: Samuel L has an opinion

Post by lmduck »

Who cares what he thinks. He is a nobody.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Who cares what a 65 yo who thinks he's a bad ass thinks about UO. He probably thinks everyone should have a fullback, and run student body left every play. I'm guessing he's a SC fan, so maybe he should worry about his own team.
DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Post by DAT_man_again »

It is kind of true though. We were ranked that high pretty much based on reputation.
"You know we the big brother." - Cliff Harris

"Y'all know what time it is." -Damian Lillard
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

Its is true because the Ducks were winning and often winning big the last six years, it is true for any program that has been doing that consistently.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Welcome to college football, Sam.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

gofightingducks wrote:Its is true because the Ducks were winning and often winning big the last six years, it is true for any program that has been doing that consistently.
I'm pretty sure he's taking a shot at us based on every year, not just this one year.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

I got to thinking why would he tweet that out, so I googled him+football:

gofightingducks
All Pac-12

buckmarkduck wrote:
gofightingducks wrote:Its is true because the Ducks were winning and often winning big the last six years, it is true for any program that has been doing that consistently.
I'm pretty sure he's takin a shot at us based on every year, not just this one year.

thats the point though, every program that consistently wins, especially those with the tradition, are ranked high to begin the season, Georgia is a great example, they are almost always top 10 to begin and 3-4 games into the season, s*** the bed. Also, every program has a down year or goes through a rebuilding period and after 6-7 years maybe this is the year for the Ducks. It shouldn't be considering the experience and talent but nobody knew after playing in a championship and with as much talent and experience coming back at most positions and bringing in a talented 3 year starter and a 3 year back up that the Ducks would s*** the bed, in years past it was plug and play and keep winning so that is why they were top 10 and after getting beat by a field goal on the road to the #2 team with an injured QB they only dropped to #13, Alabama lost at home and dropped more spots, He clearly dislikes the Ducks for some reason and doesnt understand how college rankings have worked over the last 30 years.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

QuackininBama wrote:I got to thinking why would he tweet that out, so I googled him+football:

haha now that is funny considering Georgia is always ranked high to begin the season and based on what, because what have they done lately?
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

gofightingducks wrote:
QuackininBama wrote:I got to thinking why would he tweet that out, so I googled him+football:

haha now that is funny considering Georgia is always ranked high to begin the season and based on what, because what have they done lately?
Hah, you beat me to it. Love the irony of an SEC fan complaining about ranking based on reputation. He's probably still pissed they took away the BCS, which virtually guaranteed an SEC team was in every single national championship.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Never really cared for SLJ, and now I have a reason to not care.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

I wonder what Mr. Jackson has to say about his Bulldogs shitting the bed.......... yet again after being overrated based on their past.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

gofightingducks wrote:I wonder what Mr. Jackson has to say about his Bulldogs shitting the bed.......... yet again after being overrated based on their past.
And by past, you mean distance past #decadeofGAsuk
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Geesh, at least we've been to the big dance twice in the last 6 years. Georgia is ranked top 10 every single year only to be exposed the minute conference play starts. Must suck for you Jackson.