For once and for all, STOP THIS ARGUMENT!

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: For once and for all, STOP THIS ARGUMENT!

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Alan wrote:You title says STOP THIS ARGUMENT! Then you go on say just some, IMO, ridiculous things. Your 26, try to remember some of us were cheering for the Ducks for a number of years before you were born. By your logic Brooks, Belloti, Musgrave, even Harrington meant nothing to building this program, hell "the pick" did nothing for this program and I'll assume the win over Michigan did nothing..... It's called history. History is built and were we are now is a result of that history. You're trying to discount the history of the Oregon Ducks program, a program many of us lived through and enjoyed and endured. Now that the Ducks have lost a whole two games and looked pretty bad in the Utah game it's time for heads to roll....... Why not? It's two losses after all......... That is the definition of a spoiled fan. Lots of season left.
I must've portrayed my argument poorly. We should HONOR history, but only that. It's the past, and the past doesn't do anything for right now. And just because I want the program to be better than what it was last Saturday and this season thus far does not make me spoiled. My loyalty does not depend on the state of the program.
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

maxduck wrote:"Ditch Rich" was the popular cry in September 1994 when Oregon lost Hawaii (!!!) and then Utah in Eugene to start 1-2. Rich Brooks was hung in effigy on campus, they demanded he be fired on the spot, don't let him finish the year. Roughly 30 days later Kenny Wheaton intercepted a pass and Oregon Football as we know it was born after wandering in the wilderness for 20+ years. Why not let the season play out and then decide what changes need to be made?
I thought the Ditch Rich campaign started in 1993. :?
duckphanatic23
One Star Recruit

Post by duckphanatic23 »

If you don't win your a loser. If you're content with where you are at with anything in life, you've either achieved your goals or given up on them. The ultimate now goal is to win the Natty. We've invested the money, built the resources, and recruited the talent. I'm sure Uncle Phil will have a say in things after the year is over. In the meantime, great coaches get the most out of their talent. There is a lot of talent on this roster and last week was pathetic. We have great coaches, we have great players. We'll get it done with or without them. As Chip said, "Next man Up"...
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

There has been plenty of instances that an assistant has been replaced mid season, and the group gets better (although I'm not calling to any firings right now, just at seasons end). No one I calling for Helfs firing, so trying to use any HC firings to compare to a fired DC is irrelevant.

Also I understand what Joey is trying to say, but Joey don't lie to yourself, I'd bet a lot of money that he wanted Stubler fired just as bad as any of us.