Love 'em when they're up, love 'em when they're down

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

R bar Duckaholic
Two Star Recruit

Love 'em when they're up, love 'em when they're down

Post by R bar Duckaholic »

Well, despite this being the most depressed I've been about Duck football since Andrew Walters threw for 536 yards in Autzen, it's been pretty great seeing my Facebook timeline light up with Duck fans using this temporary profile filter: https://www.facebook.com/WinTheDay/phot ... =3&theater

We may be out...but we're not down!

Prediction: Ducks win a close one tonight, setting up a nice little 3 game run....then brace yourself for the cold November rain.
timberduck
Two Star Recruit

Re: Love 'em when they're up, love 'em when they're down

Post by timberduck »

I stuck with the Ducks through the darkness of the post-Joey pre-Chip years, I'm not going anywhere now.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

Man I feel old... post Joey era... pre chip era.... I remember the toilet bowl era and before.. I remember playing notre dame and final score being 10-10... I also remember going back to Lincoln, Nebraska and getting curb stomped 9-0... ok that was 9 TOUCHDOWNS...to 0.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

I remember when I was a kid in the late 80s early 90s, and the ducks wouldn't even be on TV. Had to listen to UW beat us on the radio in 91. I'm sure most of us on this site, silly arguments over coaches or not, will stick with the team we love through whatever comes.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

Sheesh, I was a little kid sitting near midfield watching Anthony Davis rumble down the sideline for a TD when USC beat the Ducks 18-0. The Ducks finished 5-6 that year and it was all downhill for years after that, even during the first few years of Rich Brooks tenure.

I remember when Oregon had Reggie Ogburn at QB and finally had a winning season under Brooks, 6-3-2. The fans were so happy it was like we won the natty. I remember when the Ducks ended their long Bowl game drought by beating Tulsa, 27-24, in the Independence Bowl.

I'll always love the Ducks until the day I die, win, lose or draw. Of course, like everyone else, I go into every new season with high hopes, but sometimes it just doesn't work out the way we'd all like. I'll still support the team, though, rain or shine.

Go Ducks - Forever!!!
John 3:36
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

Y'all remember when UW used to bring a ton of fans to autzen?? I swear some of them games half the stadium was purple and gold
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Only half?

The Kenny Wheaton game in '94, there were huge blocks of fuskie fanz in every section of Autzen... It looked closer to 2/3 or 3/4 Doog.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!