The REAL suck about a down year

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

QuackininBama
All Pac-12

The REAL suck about a down year

Post by QuackininBama »

Is..............coverage :o

Its hard enough to see an Oregon game living anywhere east of Utah much less Alabama, but with the Ducks having a down year Fox and ESPN will likely replace the games with UCLA/USC/Stanford this season pushing more games to the Pac-12 network of which is still fighting with DTV for a contract leaving those of us out of the pacific time zone SOL. The last five years its been easy to watch nearly every Oregon game as Fox/ESPN picked up between them, nearly 8 games a year. Lets hope this has all been a bad dream and Oregon goes undefeated the rest of the way :geek:
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Re: The REAL suck about a down year

Post by pezsez1 »

It's probably good that not many people are watching Oregon right now. We'll be more fun to watch later on.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Post by DAT_man_again »

Hold up on the "down year" talk. We could still easily win the PAC 12.
"You know we the big brother." - Cliff Harris

"Y'all know what time it is." -Damian Lillard
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

Oregon has come to a point where they don't need a lot of coverage, besides once they get back to winning they will get back to getting plenty of coverage.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

DAT_man_again wrote:Hold up on the "down year" talk. We could still easily win the PAC 12.

Easily??? What are you watching?
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Post by DAT_man_again »

nogerO wrote:
DAT_man_again wrote:Hold up on the "down year" talk. We could still easily win the PAC 12.

A team that scored 41 points without a quarterback. If VA gets healthy we can score with anybody.
"You know we the big brother." - Cliff Harris

"Y'all know what time it is." -Damian Lillard
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I still see a lot of trepidation in Adams game. His ceiling is obviously far greater than the others but I question how much of the offense he has a grasp of .
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

lukeyrid13 wrote:I still see a lot of trepidation in Adams game. His ceiling is obviously far greater than the others but I question how much of the offense he has a grasp of .
It's obvious he doesn't have a lot of it down just by watching the tempo when he's in and when they sub in Lockie it moves so much quicker.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

DAT_man_again wrote:
nogerO wrote:

A team that scored 41 points without a quarterback. If VA gets healthy we can score with anybody.
...it was Colorado. If Oregon doesn't find a QB capable of making more than one read before attemlting to bail out of the pocket or consistently making a pass farther than 9 yards, they will be playing the Civil War for the Vegas Bowl. Any Pac12 team not named Colorado (and maybe Wazzu) would bury Oregon with the way they played in the first half.

I'd be willing to bet that Oregon finishes closer to not qualifying for a bowl than they do to winning the Pac12 north. I hope I'm wrong and eating crow but that game wasn't very impressive at all.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

gofightingducks wrote:Oregon has come to a point where they don't need a lot of coverage, besides once they get back to winning they will get back to getting plenty of coverage.
This, and frankly it's kind of refreshing not to be the center of attention. For me personally, I start inherently disliking teams because they are covered so frequently. So I'm sure a quick little break out of the national center stage will do us good.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

With streaming you can catch any game. :)
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

fpsduck wrote:With streaming you can catch any game. :)
True, but only those that care. I'm telling you, with Oregon out of the limelight, you'll see hatred levels drop. It's a very natural phenomenon in sports.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13