USC @ Oregon (Saturday 12:30 ESPN)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Everythingsducky
Senior

Re: USC @ Oregon (Saturday 12:30 ESPN)

Post by Everythingsducky »

greenyellow wrote:Classy post-game by Helfrich and nice to see him admit he's a Cal fan tonight.
Yeah, but he completely avoided the half time question when asked if Helf should have called a time out with more time on the clock...maybe the Ducks would have had enough time for 7 instead of 3. No blame here, just wondering if anyone can comment on their thoughts.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

Everythingsducky wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Classy post-game by Helfrich and nice to see him admit he's a Cal fan tonight.
Yeah, but he completely avoided the half time question when asked if Helf should have called a time out with more time on the clock...maybe the Ducks would have had enough time for 7 instead of 3. No blame here, just wondering if anyone can comment on their thoughts.
I mentioned it earlier. The guy didn't ask about calling a timeout when USC had the ball. He asked why they didn't call a timeout after Freeman's run, which was a stupid question. Freeman had run out of bounds, so why call a timeout?

In regards to not calling a timeout when on D...given how our D has played, would you risk leaving more time on the clock for their offense to move down the field? As it turned out, they were lucky Juju dropped the pass.
Quietduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quietduck »

I noticed something funny at half time of our game. First I read our game thread then I went and read the USC game thread. They were so close to the same I couldn't tell where one started and the other left off. The other team was holding but the refs were calling it. The defensive coordinator should be fired. The defense is made of swiss cheese. .... Being an "old" duck fan it was very funny to see how the new generation of Duck fans seem to be very similar to the USC fans. O well success can breed attitude I guess.

Quietduck 8-)
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Awesome win! Oregon looked like a much better team overall.

Crowd really got into it in the 4th quarter, that was fun.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

I saw Vernon is the first qb to throw 6 td's in a game vs USC
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

thomas time wrote:I saw Vernon is the first qb to throw 6 td's in a game vs USC
and tied an Oregon record. Pretty good day for VA.

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Crowd went nuts when they showed Mariota at the game.

thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/s ... ce=I-A_all

Would be awesome for him to lead, if he had the amount as others he probably would. McCaffrey will have an extra game playing in the conference championship. Amazing job by the offensive line the last month or so. Darron, Marcus and Danny O'neil are the qb's Vernon tied with his six td's I think.