Oregon State @ Oregon (Friday 1 PM, Fox Sports 1)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

bigbenp
Three Star Recruit

Re: Oregon State @ Oregon (Friday 1 PM, Fox Sports 1)

Post by bigbenp »

pezsez1 wrote:OK.....

Pellum needs to go. I would be fine with a demotion.
Yeah, I'd be ok with that. Doubt DP would stay though.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
rentdodger1
Three Star Recruit

Post by rentdodger1 »

pezsez1 wrote:OK.....

Pellum needs to go. I would be fine with a demotion.
That might work in AYSO kid's soccer but this is a high D-1 sports. Either keep him or fire him. Last in anything generally gets you canned. He's been paid well and he's expected to perform and put solid squad out there. Hasn't happened.
wepto
Four Star Recruit

Post by wepto »

rentdodger1 wrote:
bigbenp wrote:Dave Wannstedt was on the money. The D needs some overhaul. Too many recruited weapons to give up some of those plays. Props to the Beavs for making it an exciting civil war game!

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
DW is spot on. The truly amazing thing is that Oregon wins 9 games giving up 37 points a game. I would doubt that you can find many teams in CFB history that have done that. This is the worst defense Oregon has had since Rich Brooks 1st team in 1977 and that team was full of guys that were small college level guys and was lucky not to go 0-11.

Time to bring in an innovative mind on that side of the ball. This game was the final nail in the Pellum legacy.
I'd rather have a guy with NFL experience, who is going to run a boring NFL defense, rather than an innovator. It's better for attracting high level talent and it's less of a risk.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

DeFo's post-game interview where he doesn't sound completely happy with how they finished the game.

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Just read that Royce is 100 yards away from breaking LMJ's single season rushing record. He should break that as long as Oregon can run decently in the bowl game.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Fun game, I got to go, and it was a great experience. It was so darn cold! But the second half was very disappointing, it felt like the entire team, including the coaches, thought the game was over at halftime, and clearly OSU didn't agree. I said after Helf didn't challenge the Merritt fumble that it'll have a bigger impact than he realizes, and unfortunately I was right. I strongly believe that if Helf challenges that, then the call would've been overturned and Oregon would've gone up 38-7 and the game never would've been close. But the second half defensive performance was pitiful from the coaching and players outside of Buckner. But, what matters most, is Oregon made it 8 straight wins against little brother, but gotta be better than that. Oregon has nowhere near a championship caliber defense but they have the talent to have one, clearly something needs to change.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Back from the game.

Started off strong in the first half, then a team I didn't recognize took over in the second.

On the jumbotron, Merritt was down...........why was there no challenge?

Lots of injuries I'm guessing because Stanford was gone, Walker was gone. No Kani Benoit. Ian Wheeler was hurt too. All of a sudden, Ducks are putting in some young guys in key situations. Results weren't always consistent, but dang............Griffin is DAT 2.0.

Just happy to get out with the win because I was going to be bald from pulling my hair out. Very frustrating.

BIG CONCERN - have you counted the amount of Seniors we are losing? The OLine losses are pretty big. GULP. Plus a new QB. Double gulp.
Last edited by MFRDuckFan on Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

Oregon senior wide receiver Byron Marshall has confirmed to GoDucks.com editor Rob Moseley he will not apply for a medical redshirt and that his time at Oregon is now over.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

There were actually a couple plays deserving of reviews, Merritt's fumble being one of them.

I swear when there are lopsided matchups like Oregon vs OSU, refs don't even both reviewing a lot of calls.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

UOducksTK1 wrote:There were actually a couple plays deserving of reviews, Merritt's fumble being one of them.

I swear when there are lopsided matchups like Oregon vs OSU, refs don't even both reviewing a lot of calls.
Then the coach should challenge them.