Will Royce make it to the Heisman?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Re: Will Royce make it to the Heisman?

Post by whosyourwally »

buckmarkduck wrote:It's not hating, I believe Elliot and Freeman are much better than him, put Royce in that system and he's a 2000 yard rusher. I also know the old white media loves to vote for white RB, same reason guys who are white small forwards or guards get so much attention in college. They all bust once they hit the NFL and NBA. I'm blonde, I don't hate whites it just a fact. It's been 30+ years since there has been a all pro white RB.
Haha.... What? Where did you park your time machine? And your empirical evidence is great. "I think Freeman is better than Mccaffrey, therefore the white media is racist. "

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

buckmarkduck wrote:It's not hating, I believe Elliot and Freeman are much better than him, put Royce in that system and he's a 2000 yard rusher. I also know the old white media loves to vote for white RB, same reason guys who are white small forwards or guards get so much attention in college. They all bust once they hit the NFL and NBA. I'm blonde, I don't hate whites it just a fact. It's been 30+ years since there has been a all pro white RB.
NFL has nothing to do with this. You said that because he's white and Royce isn't, that's why Royce was left off the Doak Walker finalist list. Which is foolish, because I think McCaffrey's play in college has been exceptional. I see plenty of other guys who are not white that made the list despite having a less impressive resume than both McCaffrey and Royce.

But yeah, I understand the argument that white RBs typically isn't a thing in the NFL.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

The problem is, McCaffery hasn't been a better RB this year. He has needed 30 more carries, to be 5 yards ahead of Freeman in rushing. He has 7 rushing td compared to 12 for Royce. Her lost to Royce. There isn't much of a comparison really.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

I disagree that 'it isn't much of a comparison', but I do think Royce is getting overlooked. McCaffrey is used more in his offense, he has more receiving yards, and he also does returns, so there is a whole phase of the game that Royce doesn't do that McCaffrey does. He even threw a TD pass this year. Still Royce has more overall TD's and higher averages in both rushing and receiving. The argument comes down to whether we pick an award winner based on how good he is or how valuable he is to the team/ how central to the offense. I think Royce is better, but he isn't used quite as much, having to split carries with several other guys.

I think that Oregon's gaudy numbers on offense will always put potential award winners at something of a disadvantage. They will probably always have to far outstrip others in terms of stats in order to be considered. That, and we did just win the Heisman last year, so that probably factors in to Royce being ignored.