Is VA a NFL caliber QB?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Alan
Senior

Is VA a NFL caliber QB?

Post by Alan »

Will Adams get drafted and does he have the talent and size to be on a NFL active roster?

Happy thanksgiving to all.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Re: Is VA a NFL caliber QB?

Post by gofightingducks »

I don't think so but he is a lot like Russell Wilson in many ways so he very well could go late in the draft or possibly even be an undrafted FA and get a shot somewhere.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I think he could hack it in the CFL but I don't think he is an nfl qb. Frankly, there are only about 20 guys in the entire world that can truly make it in the league so that's no slight to him.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

lukeyrid13 wrote:I think he could hack it in the CFL but I don't think he is an nfl qb. Frankly, there are only about 20 guys in the entire world that can truly make it in the league so that's no slight to him.
He strikes me as a Doug flutie type next level, which would allude to that cfl side of things as well.
srsmiley007
Four Star Recruit

Post by srsmiley007 »

Duck07 wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:I think he could hack it in the CFL but I don't think he is an nfl qb. Frankly, there are only about 20 guys in the entire world that can truly make it in the league so that's no slight to him.
He strikes me as a Doug flutie type next level, which would allude to that cfl side of things as well.

Unfortunately, while his game is good in college his height, lack off arm strength and elusiveness just won't translate to the next level. He doesn't have Russelll Wilsons arm, speed or acumen. He's like Manziel but a little shorter and little slower. He's awesome at the college level but can't play street ball at the next level.

I'm with you. Could play in the CFL. He won't get drafted because of the others in front of him and the stated above, but may get a free agent opportunity.
Lightning Strikes
Three Star Recruit

Post by Lightning Strikes »

Nope.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

No. He is just to small. Great college quarterback, but will NEVER transition to the NFL. To small.
whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Post by whosyourwally »

I think I'd need to go back and watch a tape of him last year at ewu. He's sped up his decision making process a lot over the past few weeks, making much quicker reads. He's also shown improved accuracy on the shorter throws that require it. This year, I've felt like the two biggest deficiencies he's shown have been these. Watching a tape of him last year would show us what he's capable of once he's really had time to grasp the playbook.
His ability to improvise shouldn't count against him. That's still a strength, even if it's not as valuable in the NFL, and if he's a quicker decision-maker than Johnny Manziel, the comparisons should end after height and improv ability (which is a good thing both for Manziel and Adams).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Lightning Strikes wrote:Nope.
A simple and complete of an answer there is and I agree completely. I have my doubts about the CFL also...... Hello arena league?
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

He is fun to watch but is to short. If he was another 3 or 4 inches taller then yes.
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

I wouldn't be surprised if someone takes a shot on him and drafts him in the later rounds.
uostudent
Senior

Post by uostudent »

No. Other than height, Russell Wilson isn't a good comparison. Wilson is faster/has quicker acceleration, has a stronger and more accurate arm and quite a bit bigger.

Adams is a very good college QB who may have a chance at excelling in the Canadian football league.
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl