Pellum just cost us a shot at the Fiesta Bowl

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

nogerO
Senior

Re: Pellum just cost us a shot at the Fiesta Bowl

Post by nogerO »

Alan wrote:You guys are more confused and excited then a baby in a top less bar. Let things ride out, the D gave up because of the lead and the expectation of an easy win.......Just fire all the coaches and then bitch at the next bunch of coaches...... Let's just see what happens.

So you think that tanking the second half doesn't reflect on the coaches? Do you think Rich Brooks would stand there on the sideline in the second half of that game with an all to familiar confused look on his face? I'm pretty sure he would have lit a fire under that team after about 5 minutes of the second half. But then again, I'm pretty sure he would have lit a fire under them at halftime about the game being for 4 quarters not just 2.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

srsmiley007 wrote:
Alan wrote:
Duck24 wrote:
Alan wrote:You guys are more confused and excited then a baby in a top less bar. Let things ride out, the D gave up because of the lead and the expectation of an easy win.......Just fire all the coaches and then bitch at the next bunch of coaches...... Let's just see what happens.
You aren't at all upset with a D that nearly crapped away a 24 point halftime lead? Don't get me wrong, the offense didn't help, but that second half D performance was pathetic. Did we stop them outside of the final drive?

I love the staff continuity we have but there is no such thing as loyalty in business and that's what college football is now. The Oregon D is a liability now. None of us would get away with crapping the bed 85% of the time like Pellum has done.

No the D played like cr@p in the second half. But I think it was on the D mailing it in and not playing, not the coaches. I wish radio had recording like DVR, but, I "think" Anthony Newman reported that DP and Buckner just blew up in the locker room because of the lack of effort by the D. I'm not sure it was Newman but it was reported and I believe it. Also as most know Joe Walker did not play.
It's the crap scheme run by DP and his inability to adjust. Everyone else is fine but he's taken a scheme by NA and managed to make it a joke in 2 years. I love how everyone who has either never played or played in high school think that a defense just mails it in to the tune of 28 points in a half to one of the worst offense in D1.
Smiley, what the hell do you know about my or anyone's sport career? I could elaborate but will only add I now know how your earn your reputation as an idiot.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

nogerO wrote:

So you think that tanking the second half doesn't reflect on the coaches? Do you think Rich Brooks would stand there on the sideline in the second half of that game with an all to familiar confused look on his face? I'm pretty sure he would have lit a fire under that team after about 5 minutes of the second half. But then again, I'm pretty sure he would have lit a fire under them at halftime about the game being for 4 quarters not just 2.
First off I agree the Ducks defensive scheme sucks, I have posted that before here, I would love to see the Ducks go to a 4-3. but that is not without argument from posters here and they have legit arguments against a 4-3 I understand. The coaches can coach all they want but if the players don't respond for whatever reason, 31-7 lead at halftime, there isn't a coach can do. It's like shoveling sand with a pitch fork. With that said it's not unbelievable that some assistant coaches mailed it in also.

Finally I will apologize for my harshness last night, the hysterical reactions that occurs here at times wears on me at times. Kind of tired of fire everyone attitude....... The Ducks will finish the season with another 10 win season, their eighth straight, leading the nation tide with Bama. Not bad company.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

Alan- smiley knows everything. He is the font of all football knowledge. I am sure Nick, Urban, Bill Belichek, all the big boys call on him regularly for his expertise. He even uses words like vacuous. We're all impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
srsmiley007
Four Star Recruit

Post by srsmiley007 »

lmduck wrote:Smiley- vacuous is a big word for you. You must have learned to use that online dictionary. That is a positive thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Again, nothing? Your the first troll I've been compelled to respond to and this is all I get pithy comments? Nothing original, complex or any type of zinger that merits why you trolled in the first place? This is it?
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Some of you need to proof read what you post, this isn't the middle school hallway and let's leave the name calling out. If you cant make your point with throwing some kind of pejorative out, you dont have a tenable argument.
rentdodger1
Three Star Recruit

Post by rentdodger1 »

Duck07 wrote:Some of you need to proof read what you post, this isn't the middle school hallway and let's leave the name calling out. If you cant make your point with throwing some kind of pejorative out, you dont have a tenable argument.

Ken Kesey would be proud-
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Duck07 wrote:Some of you need to proof read what you post, this isn't the middle school hallway and let's leave the name calling out. If you cant make your point with throwing some kind of pejorative out, you dont have a tenable argument.
OMG, were getting schooled by the inventor of scrabble!

(lets see how many people get the joke :lol: )
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Duck07 wrote:Yeah that certainly doesn't reflect on the coaches for preparation or anything...
It boggles my mind that people don't understand this.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!