Freeman

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

buckmarkduck
All-American

Freeman

Post by buckmarkduck »

Freeman has been a stud for two years, he will more than likely be remember as the top RB ever at UO after he leaves.

That said, so we think he improves from year 2 to year 3 under Cam, as much as JStew, LMJ, Barner, Marshall and pretty much every 4-5 year RB at UO has? Imagine if his numbers improve as much as Stews did from so-jr year, or LMJ from RS-Fr to SO year. He could break the single season rushing record.
chapelhillduck
Senior

Re: Freeman

Post by chapelhillduck »

He's 99 yards away in the bowl game from breaking it this year
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

chapelhillduck wrote:He's 99 yards away in the bowl game from breaking it this year

I mean NCAA
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

buckmarkduck wrote:
chapelhillduck wrote:He's 99 yards away in the bowl game from breaking it this year

I mean NCAA
:shock: idk about that, we've just got too much balance to have him carry it that much. What's the best three year mark in P12 history?
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

What makes you all so sure he doesn't go to the league next year? What does he have left to prove at this level? He'd be one of the first 3-5 RB's taken. Can block, catch passes and tote the rock. He'd be smart to take out the insurance Ifo had IF he decides to stay
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
mdm0302
Freshman

Post by mdm0302 »

nogerO wrote:What makes you all so sure he doesn't go to the league next year? What does he have left to prove at this level? He'd be one of the first 3-5 RB's taken. Can block, catch passes and tote the rock. He'd be smart to take out the insurance Ifo had IF he decides to stay
I thought a player wasn't eligible for the NFL until they are out of HS for 3 years? Juniors and redshirt sophomores....
StreeterCL
One Star Recruit

Post by StreeterCL »

nogerO wrote:What makes you all so sure he doesn't go to the league next year? What does he have left to prove at this level? He'd be one of the first 3-5 RB's taken. Can block, catch passes and tote the rock. He'd be smart to take out the insurance Ifo had IF he decides to stay
He has to stay. He's only been here for 2 years.

With that said, I don't think he's even a top 5 RB prospect in the NFL yet. I watch him and analyze him pretty critically and there are plenty of times probably most of the time where he hesitates. I get frustrated a lot because it looks like to me he could run a lot harder/tougher in traffic. Put the shoulder down and get that tough 2-3 extra yards. He's 230 lbs. RUN LIKE IT!

Am I way off here? Too critical? His talent is SOOO good. I just think he hasn't even hit his full potential yet. Not even close.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

StreeterCL wrote:
He has to stay. He's only been here for 2 years.

With that said, I don't think he's even a top 5 RB prospect in the NFL yet. I watch him and analyze him pretty critically and there are plenty of times probably most of the time where he hesitates. I get frustrated a lot because it looks like to me he could run a lot harder/tougher in traffic. Put the shoulder down and get that tough 2-3 extra yards. He's 230 lbs. RUN LIKE IT!

Am I way off here? Too critical? His talent is SOOO good. I just think he hasn't even hit his full potential yet. Not even close.

No I think you're right. First let me start of by saying he's a damn good RB. My criticism is that a lot of the time he hesitates before hitting or picking a hole to rub through. What made LaMichael , Kenjon, and DaT was that they made a decision put their foot in the ground and hit the gap as fast as possible. Freeman hesitates like he is waiting for the pay to develop our the gap to open big enough. He also doesn't last with his shoulders on a few runs he turns his hips and throws his side at the defender in the gap aND letting them talker him instead of lowering the shoulder aND punishing the defense.

Sorry for any bad spelling and format, as I'm on my phone. And I still love freeman but this is what made Tyner cone alive in the servos half of the season last year as opposites to Royce.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

No chance he breaks Barry Sanders record.won't even come close
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

He's a stud, but the NCAA record statements are a big stretch.

I'll be interested where he'd rank among RBs in the draft after next season. I could see him being a top 5 back.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

I'm pretty sure Freeman hurt his hip vs MSU, and its been hurt the rest of the way, and that's why he hasn't been as physical or explosive.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Taj Griffin would have far more yards than Freeman if he had the same number of carries and was able to stay healthy with that many carries (which would be the problem for him at this stage of his career). Whether it be an injury or whatever, I haven't been blown away by Freeman this season. He has definitely had a good season, but regardless of what the statistics might show, I wouldn't call it great. When healthy and given the opportunities, Griffin, Benoit and TBJ have all looked at least equally as capable of keeping the Oregon running game rolling. Of course, there is more to being a running back than simply running the ball (pass protection, etc.) so maybe Freeman grades out a lot better than the others in those areas. He has also been more durable than those other guys, which is obviously necessary if you want to be the primary guy.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Griffin is more explosive but is definitely still a freshman. His vision isn't greAt and he tries too hard to make big plays and gets negative yardage
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

lukeyrid13 wrote:Griffin is more explosive but is definitely still a freshman. His vision isn't greAt and he tries too hard to make big plays and gets negative yardage
There are a few examples of that, but there are also plenty examples of Freeman getting negative yardage. It is the nature of the Oregon offense. The incredible speed and explosiveness Taj has displayed has far outshined the few negative plays.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

All I know is that we're are going to be loaded at RB next season and it's going to be hard to find everyone carries. I was super excited this season to see Brooks-James but he has had bad luck with the injury bug this season.

Freeman is terrific but I'm going to stick with LaMike as top RB ever for now but I reserve the right to change my mind later.