When I think of Oregon running backs's historically,

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

woundedknees
All-American

When I think of Oregon running backs's historically,

Post by woundedknees »

favorite plays like this come to mind:

Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

gogreen55
Senior

Re: When I think of Oregon running backs's historically,

Post by gogreen55 »

The Morris one is a classic, particularly because of how high profile a game it was. I am still partial to Jeremiah Johnson's wild run in the Civil War though. 3rd and 19 and he pretty much kills any hopes the Beavers have of making the Rose Bowl....breaking tackles, nearly fumbling the ball and holding on, stiff arming people, tight roping the sideline, wrapping the ball inside the pylon. That run had it all.

mdm0302
Freshman

Post by mdm0302 »

gogreen55 wrote:The Morris one is a classic, particularly because of how high profile a game it was. I am still partial to Jeremiah Johnson's wild run in the Civil War though. 3rd and 19 and he pretty much kills any hopes the Beavers have of making the Rose Bowl....breaking tackles, nearly fumbling the ball and holding on, stiff arming people, tight roping the sideline, wrapping the ball inside the pylon. That run had it all.

this and LaMike's run @ Tennessee are by far the most memorable to me. I remember the MM one too but i was so young for that
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

I have been around since Autzen opened, the year I entered high school, so have witnessed some dandy Ducks. I figured it would be fun to see what sticks in people's memories!

UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

JJ's turning back stiff arm on the beav the night we crushed them and their Rosebowl dreams....forever
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

UofDuck wrote:JJ's turning back stiff arm on the beav the night we crushed them and their Rosebowl dreams....forever
"Noooooooo... ! Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Get Him! GET HIIIIMMMM!"

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

mdm0302 wrote:
gogreen55 wrote:The Morris one is a classic, particularly because of how high profile a game it was. I am still partial to Jeremiah Johnson's wild run in the Civil War though. 3rd and 19 and he pretty much kills any hopes the Beavers have of making the Rose Bowl....breaking tackles, nearly fumbling the ball and holding on, stiff arming people, tight roping the sideline, wrapping the ball inside the pylon. That run had it all.

this and LaMike's run @ Tennessee are by far the most memorable to me. I remember the MM one too but i was so young for that
Totally agree. Both of those were ridiculous.

Also Blount's hurdle touchdown against Boise, in person, was very memorable as well:

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
mdm0302
Freshman

Post by mdm0302 »

wow i forgot about that Blount run. that was incredible too!
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Onterrio Smith making a cut, I think vs. UCLA, and watching two defenders crash into each other, and DeAnthony vs. the cougs, turning the defender one way and then the other as he strolls into the end zone.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Phalanx wrote:Onterrio Smith making a cut, I think vs. UCLA, and watching two defenders crash into each other, and DeAnthony vs. the cougs, turning the defender one way and then the other as he strolls into the end zone.
If Onterrio could have gotten out of his own way, he would have been the best NFL RB UO ever produced. To bad he couldn't.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Phalanx wrote:Onterrio Smith making a cut, I think vs. UCLA, and watching two defenders crash into each other, and DeAnthony vs. the cougs, turning the defender one way and then the other as he strolls into the end zone.
I was actually gonna say, Onterrio Smith against the Cougars in 2001 was epic. Very memorable game.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

buckmarkduck wrote:
If Onterrio could have gotten out of his own way, he would have been the best NFL RB UO ever produced. To bad he couldn't.
If Reuben doesn't destroy his ankle I think he is right in that conversation, dude was an nfl running back even after losing all of his speed and explosivenss
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
I was actually gonna say, Onterrio Smith against the Cougars in 2001 was epic. Very memorable game.
That game was punctuated with him bowling over a defender as he went into the end zone.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

lukeyrid13 wrote:That game was punctuated with him bowling over a defender as he went into the end zone.
Yeah, here is the video of Onterrio plowing his way in...

FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

buckmarkduck wrote:
I remember buying my own Onterrio Vikings jersey off the internet and then like 2 months later he got caught with the whiz. Saw the jersey the other day actually, started wearing it to football practice after he got cut.