NCAA Drug Testing

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duckfan15
One Star Recruit

NCAA Drug Testing

Post by duckfan15 »

Word is they popped in on the Ducks earlier this week to test a "random" handful of the players
Penky26
Four Star Recruit

Re: NCAA Drug Testing

Post by Penky26 »

ugggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggh
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I'm guessing that random handful included Springs, Robinson, Prukup, Carrington, Freeman and Nelson.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
mdm0302
Freshman

Post by mdm0302 »

at first i thought this was for the bball team. I am less pissed about it now that i realize its for the football team lol
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Apparently happens at least once a year for all D-1 institutions.

http://webs.wichita.edu/depttools/deptt ... %20FAQ.pdf
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

It's amazing that weed is such a cultural issue. I don't even smoke and I think its dumb how much it get demonized.
mdm0302
Freshman

Post by mdm0302 »

justducky0 wrote:It's amazing that weed is such a cultural issue. I don't even smoke and I think its dumb how much it get demonized.

on my honeymoon we met this couple from Minnesota. I told them i had smoked weed before and they thought i was a tweaker. They put it on the same level as meth. I told them they need to smoke some to open their minds.
duckfan15
One Star Recruit

Post by duckfan15 »

It is believed that Carrington was one of the players tested, but not any other current "starters"
mdm0302
Freshman

Post by mdm0302 »

duckfan15 wrote:It is believed that Carrington was one of the players tested, but not any other current "starters"
so random
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

so random
:lol:
Willie Taggart is a dick.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

So dumb. It is legal in the state. They gonna start testing for alcohol as well?

With that being said, one would hope that Carrington has learned from his past suspension. If he was tested and failed again, wouldn't it be a year suspension? Which would probably mean supplemental draft for him.
duckfan15
One Star Recruit

Post by duckfan15 »

It would be a full year suspension - to include all regular season and any post season.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

duckfan15 wrote:It would be a full year suspension - to include all regular season and any post season.
I believe they changed the rules again so I don't think they're as stringent as they were when DC got popped.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Duck24 wrote:So dumb. It is legal in the state. They gonna start testing for alcohol as well?

With that being said, one would hope that Carrington has learned from his past suspension. If he was tested and failed again, wouldn't it be a year suspension? Which would probably mean supplemental draft for him.
Until it is legal throughout the US, the NCAA will continue to penalize players for it.
duckfan15
One Star Recruit

Post by duckfan15 »

greenyellow wrote:
duckfan15 wrote:It would be a full year suspension - to include all regular season and any post season.
I believe they changed the rules again so I don't think they're as stringent as they were when DC got popped.
The new rule simply lowered the street drug (including MJ) first penalty from 1 year to half season/6 games. A second offense for street drug is 1 full year, including full season and any post season.