April 13th Practice Report

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

April 13th Practice Report

Post by greenyellow »

On competition day, the offense finally got the upper hand on the defense. Prukop had probably his best day of spring drills.

http://www.goducks.com/ViewArticle.dbml ... KQ.twitter
yudah02
One Star Recruit

Re: April 13th Practice Report

Post by yudah02 »

Anyone know if J. Brown and Ofodile are practicing? I haven't noticed their names in any reports.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

yudah02 wrote:Anyone know if J. Brown and Ofodile are practicing? I haven't noticed their names in any reports.
Not sure about Jalen Brown, but Ofodile is out this spring after injuring his foot during his redshirt season.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Lubick was asked about Dylan Kane on offense and said it was largely due to being short on bodies on that side of the ball. Also explains why we're hearing so much Dillon Mitchell in the reports.
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

Someone asked Moseley (on Twitter) about Ofodile and he said he feels certain that he will vying for playing time.
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

I am just as curious about Mitchell.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

StevensTechU wrote:Lubick was asked about Dylan Kane on offense and said it was largely due to being short on bodies on that side of the ball. Also explains why we're hearing so much Dillon Mitchell in the reports.
Yeah, I've read a lot of Prukop to Mitchell connections in the reports.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

Sounds like from the report that Prukop and Jonsen are both doing well. I guess even Wilson had some good moments. Hopefully that means more depth at QB this year.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Herbert is lost from the public consciousness until he gets on campus, but I wouldn't exclude him when thinking about the future of the program at QB.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

the far, far, far future.
ImageImageImageImageImage
whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Post by whosyourwally »

Guys Moseley's reports are full of rainbows and butterflies. Until the spring game, I will reserve judgement. Actually, until Nebraska, I will reserve judgement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Having read his reports for several years and then seeing the transition into working for the university, it seems clear that Moseley has lost his objectivity and can't be counted on to give us the straight dope anymore. Unfortunately, with closed practices, his is the only dope we are getting until the spring game.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

Lockie had a really good spring scrimmage game last year... how did that pan out.... all I am saying is that Moseley probably can only print certain things because employed by the university now... The true objectivity is gone... I would not give to much belief to anything he writes about anymore.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:Lockie had a really good spring scrimmage game last year... how did that pan out.... all I am saying is that Moseley probably can only print certain things because employed by the university now... The true objectivity is gone... I would not give to much belief to anything he writes about anymore.
Lockie didn't look really good, but he had really good numbers. If you look at the difficulty of the throws he was making, it's obvious that they weren't equivalent to a game-like situation.

Regarding Moseley's objectivity, I think he's more objective than people give him credit for. I don't mean he's wholly objective, a) because nobody ever is and b) because it's obvious in his reports that he doesn't like to name-names of guys who make mistakes (fumbles, missed tackles, INTs) but rather highlight the good plays. For the most part, he's just rattling off observations. For those who want him to be some critical eye, that's never going to happen.
mdm0302
Freshman

Post by mdm0302 »

StevensTechU wrote:
GoDucksIn09 wrote:Lockie had a really good spring scrimmage game last year... how did that pan out.... all I am saying is that Moseley probably can only print certain things because employed by the university now... The true objectivity is gone... I would not give to much belief to anything he writes about anymore.
Lockie didn't look really good, but he had really good numbers. If you look at the difficulty of the throws he was making, it's obvious that they weren't equivalent to a game-like situation.

Regarding Moseley's objectivity, I think he's more objective than people give him credit for. I don't mean he's wholly objective, a) because nobody ever is and b) because it's obvious in his reports that he doesn't like to name-names of guys who make mistakes (fumbles, missed tackles, INTs) but rather highlight the good plays. For the most part, he's just rattling off observations. For those who want him to be some critical eye, that's never going to happen.
Also, you become less objective where you are being paid by the team that you cover, rather than an independent news organization.