GM: Boston Celtics GM

Football Practice Report: April 18

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Re: Football Practice Report: April 18

Post by karlhungis »

"The first touchdown of the day was set up by a 20-yard Pharaoh Brown catch-and-run on which he stiff-armed one defender while rumbling upfield before being dragged down by about three guys. …"

Nice to have him back.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

karlhungis wrote:"The first touchdown of the day was set up by a 20-yard Pharaoh Brown catch-and-run on which he stiff-armed one defender while rumbling upfield before being dragged down by about three guys.
Nice to have him back.

So cool for that young man...What a good story. He has worked so hard to get back on the field not to
mention what he brings to the field for the ducks. He will be open a lot this coming year with all the
weapons..
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Terry Wilson posted a video of his 50-yard TD run on Instagram. While it mainly happens because of what appears to be some defensive breakdowns, it does show that Wilson has some serious wheels once he gets an opening.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEXep8qGcxw/
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

greenyellow wrote:Terry Wilson posted a video of his 50-yard TD run on Instagram. While it mainly happens because of what appears to be some defensive breakdowns, it does show that Wilson has some serious wheels once he gets an opening.

Cool to see. Having speedy legs is such a nice plus in on offense like ours. If Lockie or Alie had some speed, I think our success last year is a different story.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
Cool to see. Having speedy legs is such a nice plus in on offense like ours. If Lockie or Alie had some speed, I think our success last year is a different story.
You talking about Taylor "Longest Rushing TD in Oregon History" Alie?

Arm punts by both of them were a bigger issue, I think.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

greenyellow wrote:Terry Wilson posted a video of his 50-yard TD run on Instagram. While it mainly happens because of what appears to be some defensive breakdowns, it does show that Wilson has some serious wheels once he gets an opening.

It sounds like the coaches are cracking down on these video clips from practice that players are posting on social media. I wonder if the media complained because of the closed practices.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Phalanx wrote:

It sounds like the coaches are cracking down on these video clips from practice that players are posting on social media. I wonder if the media complained because of the closed practices.
Why would the media complain about getting content that was supposed to be unavailable? Way more likely the coaches just don't like the players violating the policy.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Phalanx wrote:

How do the players get these clips though? I haven't heard any real info that coaches care about them being posted, just fans saying it.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

buckmarkduck wrote:
Phalanx wrote:

How do the players get these clips though? I haven't heard any real info that coaches care about them being posted, just fans saying it.
I have heard 'real info' coming from a player. They are not allowed to post videos any more.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Phalanx wrote:
I have heard 'real info' coming from a player. They are not allowed to post videos any more.
Where did you hear this?

I understand why they wouldn't want to show full practice videos, whereby their giving away scouting info to opposing teams, but by and large they probably need to remove the very large stick they have up their arses.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

StevensTechU wrote:
Phalanx wrote:
Where did you hear this?

I understand why they wouldn't want to show full practice videos, whereby their giving away scouting info to opposing teams, but by and large they probably need to remove the very large stick they have up their arses.
Like I said, it was from a player, or rather his proud parents, who were posting a video of his TD catch in practice. The coaches are cracking down. I get why they are doing it, but it's a shame that kids and parents are robbed of that small joy.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Phalanx wrote: Like I said, it was from a player, or rather his proud parents, who were posting a video of his TD catch in practice. The coaches are cracking down. I get why they are doing it, but it's a shame that kids and parents are robbed of that small joy.
Gotcha. And honestly, it's good PR that they're screwing themselves out of. washington posts videos seemingly every day of their practice in 300-style slow motion to make it look like they don't suck (they do) but it's a heck of a sales pitch to prospective student athletes because it looks exciting.