Moseley Projects DL Rotation

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Moseley Projects DL Rotation

Post by StevensTechU »

From the comments below yesterday's (April 25) practice report.

Rob Moseley · Editor in Chief, GoDucks.com at University of Oregon
I imagine the starters would be Mondeaux, Manu, Maloata and either Prevot or Hollins, backed up by T.J. Daniel, Gary Baker, Drayton Carlberg and Prevot/Hollins, with Kaumatule and Jelks used situationally.

First impression is that it's very interesting to see Kaumatule and Jelks at the back of the rotation with Baker and Carlberg potentially in line for more snaps.
Duck24
Senior

Re: Moseley Projects DL Rotation

Post by Duck24 »

Agreed, especially Jelks. He really looked good towards the end of last season. Still 5 months until the season so a lot of development and comfortability with the new scheme to happen between now and then.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

What's happened to Kaumatule? Is he having trouble adjusting to big boy football? Thought he was supposed to come in and play a lot of minutes right away?
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

nogerO wrote:What's happened to Kaumatule? Is he having trouble adjusting to big boy football? Thought he was supposed to come in and play a lot of minutes right away?
Always keep in mind whether it's a 'recruiting expert' (*holds laughter*) or coach that says something like that. Kaumatule is very physically mature, but growing as a football player.

Since Jelks and Kaumatule both saw quite a few snaps this year, I feel like them being at the back of the projected rotation speaks well of how other guys are developing.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

i wouldnt worry about Kaumatule...hes had a issue with concussions and i
think their being cautious with him..
mdm0302
Freshman

Post by mdm0302 »

StevensTechU wrote:
nogerO wrote:What's happened to Kaumatule? Is he having trouble adjusting to big boy football? Thought he was supposed to come in and play a lot of minutes right away?
Always keep in mind whether it's a 'recruiting expert' (*holds laughter*) or coach that says something like that. Kaumatule is very physically mature, but growing as a football player.

Since Jelks and Kaumatule both saw quite a few snaps this year, I feel like them being at the back of the projected rotation speaks well of how other guys are developing.
agreed, Seeing Canton at the end of the rotation makes me more excited with the other players rather than being disappointed about him. CK will get his time.
Kimber45
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kimber45 »

I think Maloata had some troubles adjusting to the two gap last year. Exicted to see what he'll do in a one gap system.

Spring game is going to be fun to watch.