VA breaks down film

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

VA breaks down film

Post by greenyellow »

SI has a great article where VA breaks down film from different plays and explains them in great detail. While he may not have the ideal physical measurements, you can't deny that he's got some real football smarts.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/04/25/nfl-dr ... highlights
mdm0302
Freshman

Re: VA breaks down film

Post by mdm0302 »

I've been saying it, there is no doubt VA gets drafted. He is going to be solid
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

I don't know that he'll ever get as much credit as he deserves for just how good he was last year. IMO, that was the highest level our offense has ever operated at. The only offense that compares is the 2007 squad with Dixon. VA was one of the best QBs we've ever had. If he had 2-3 years to play here he would go down as one of the greats.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:I don't know that he'll ever get as much credit as he deserves for just how good he was last year. IMO, that was the highest level our offense has ever operated at. The only offense that compares is the 2007 squad with Dixon. VA was one of the best QBs we've ever had. If he had 2-3 years to play here he would go down as one of the greats.
The last Dixon year was magical. Also, the Mariota/Barner backfield that put up record numbers at USC was pretty amazing.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I think Mariota's last year was our best ever on offense. We just ran out of receivers at the finish line.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

pezsez1 wrote:I think Mariota's last year was our best ever on offense. We just ran out of receivers at the finish line.
That and a couple of wr's who developed alligator arms and dropseys didn't help.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine