French to Seahawks
Johnstone to Chargers
Coleman to Bucs
VA is supposedly attending a minicamp for the Seahawks
mdm0302
Freshman

Re: Ducks as UDFA

Post by mdm0302 »

After realizing how many QB's VA was up against, i understand why people were saying that he wasn't going to get drafted. I still think he is a stud and can have a solid NFL career in the right situation. Be the right situation Seattle!
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

mdm0302 wrote:After realizing how many QB's VA was up against, i understand why people were saying that he wasn't going to get drafted. I still think he is a stud and can have a solid NFL career in the right situation. Be the right situation Seattle!

It's amazing to me though, even though i said he wouldn't get drafted, but IMO is take him way over Cook, Hackenburg, the kid from NC State, Kessler (yuck), Hogan lol, and all the other scrubs picked after the second pick. And it's not close. In fact, I'd take both of Seattle UDFA ( Adams and Boykins) over all those guys.
mdm0302
Freshman

Post by mdm0302 »

buckmarkduck wrote:
mdm0302 wrote:After realizing how many QB's VA was up against, i understand why people were saying that he wasn't going to get drafted. I still think he is a stud and can have a solid NFL career in the right situation. Be the right situation Seattle!

It's amazing to me though, even though i said he wouldn't get drafted, but IMO is take him way over Cook, Hackenburg, the kid from NC State, Kessler (yuck), Hogan lol, and all the other scrubs picked after the second pick. And it's not close. In fact, I'd take both of Seattle UDFA ( Adams and Boykins) over all those guys.
there was absolutely no belief in the game that VA (Boykin too) has, the GM's wanted the NFL prototype player. It was brutal for me watching it happen - kids from western Kentucky and Indiana got drafted :lol:
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

mdm0302 wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:

there was absolutely no belief in the game that VA (Boykin too) has, the GM's wanted the NFL prototype player. It was brutal for me watching it happen - kids from western Kentucky and Indiana got drafted :lol:
Chip took that horrible qb that used to be at Florida instead of Adams. And that kid is not good at all.
mdm0302
Freshman

Post by mdm0302 »

buckmarkduck wrote:
mdm0302 wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:

Chip took that horrible qb that used to be at Florida instead of Adams. And that kid is not good at all.
ya that one wasn't cool at all. could have been the GM telling Chip no on VA
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Addison is headed to the Broncos.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Read Balducci to the Eagles.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

MFRDuckFan wrote:Read Balducci to the Eagles.
That's good news, I was hoping he would get a shot.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

I'm hoping Johnstone makes the roster with the Chargers, nice kid.
Last edited by Alan on Sun May 01, 2016 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

I find it interesting with all of the negativity surrounding Chip when he was with the Eagles for all of the Ducks he added to the team, the Eagles are still adding a lot of Ducks to the team :)
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Looks like Balducci is going to SF instead. I think he's got a long, solid career as a 34 NT in the league. Nothing special, but you don't expect special at that spot, you expect someone to control the los and he does that well.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

I can't imagine Kessler making more plays at any level of competition than VA.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

StevensTechU wrote:I can't imagine Kessler making more plays at any level of competition than VA.
He's the classic, looks great vs inferior competition, but vs equal or better teams he disappears.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

buckmarkduck wrote: He's the classic, looks great vs inferior competition, but vs equal or better teams he disappears.
Yet him and Jeff Driskey are pros while VA and Trevone Boykin are fighting it out for a camp spot. Makes perfect sense.