Cal's Memorial Stadium

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Cal's Memorial Stadium

Post by DmoneyDuck »

Thinking about attending this October's Ducks game in Berkley against the Bears. Has anyone been to that stadium before? if so, any section recommendations? I won't be buying through UO, so does anyone know the proximity of where the Duck fans will be sitting at?

Thanks!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Cal's Memorial Stadium

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Funny, I was going to ask a similar question, as I plan to be there as well.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I was there before the renovation, so this still may not apply, but get there way early, cause it took forever to get everyone crammed through the few and small entrances into the stadium. I'm assuming you plan on going early anyways, but I thought I'd throw that out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Screw tickets, if I go back to a Cal game I'm watching from tightwad hill.
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

Definitely opposite the students. They are dorky and their cheers are lame. Yes, I am a homer for the Ducks, but "Roll on you Bears" really wears thin. I prefer the end zones because I like to watch the spread. Either end zone is good. If you do get high seats on the South West side you can look over the wall at San Francisco. It sounds crazy, but it's pretty cool during timeouts. Do NOT drive there. There is no parking. Take BART or stay at a local hotel. I suggest staying in SF so that you can go to the game and spend time in SF.
nogerO
Senior

If you take Bart

Post by nogerO »

be prepared for a LONG walk up the hill to the stadium. Not for the feint of heart.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
DmoneyDuck
Freshman

Post by DmoneyDuck »

jimmy12 wrote:Definitely opposite the students. They are dorky and their cheers are lame. Yes, I am a homer for the Ducks, but "Roll on you Bears" really wears thin. I prefer the end zones because I like to watch the spread. Either end zone is good. If you do get high seats on the South West side you can look over the wall at San Francisco. It sounds crazy, but it's pretty cool during timeouts. Do NOT drive there. There is no parking. Take BART or stay at a local hotel. I suggest staying in SF so that you can go to the game and spend time in SF.
Thanks!

Looking at this map, would the sections near JJ be the SW side of the stadium? I'd really love to see that view of SF.

Map: https://admin.xosn.com/attachments1/238 ... M_ID=30100
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

No-- b bb cc d (orange) upper row (it's high but i liked it)
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

I went the year we went to the national championship (the year cliff bailed us out with a punt return). Anyway, since then they renovated the stadium so it may have changed dramatically. I know you no longer have porta-poty rows taht served the entire stadium. What will not have changed however is the parking situation. Parking is super expensive (some places I saw 50 and 60$ parking signs) and tow trucks are circling like sharks to catch those who violate. There is some free parking on the street near the seminary (bit of a walk across campus but nbd).
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)