Bighonkingduck
Three Star Recruit

50 its per game coming soon!!!

Post by Bighonkingduck »

Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Re: 50 its per game coming soon!!!

Post by Bud Lee »

I'm not seeing 50 per game average this year. MM and company didn't even accomplish that back in 2014 and this team, in my opinion, is not as talented on either side of the ball as that one.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

We might average 50/game if our defense starts raining down 3 & outs like so many have predicted would happen with a 1-gap approach.

That's me being optimistic.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

All rides on the OL. In a post months ago, I wrote about how the # of sacks Oregon has given up per game has trended upward dramatically in the last 4-5 years, despite the mobility of some of our recent QBs and even excluding 2 years ago where basically everyone got injured. Considering there's going to be 3 new starters on the line this year, it's more likely than not that Prukop's protection is going to be worse than VA's, and the holes for Freeman are going to be smaller than a year ago. Several guys on the line (Hanson, Lemieux, Throckmorton) must grow up quick to be successful.
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

StevensTechU wrote:All rides on the OL. In a post months ago, I wrote about how the # of sacks Oregon has given up per game has trended upward dramatically in the last 4-5 years, despite the mobility of some of our recent QBs and even excluding 2 years ago where basically everyone got injured. Considering there's going to be 3 new starters on the line this year, it's more likely than not that Prukop's protection is going to be worse than VA's, and the holes for Freeman are going to be smaller than a year ago. Several guys on the line (Hanson, Lemieux, Throckmorton) must grow up quick to be successful.
Will that come back down with Frost gone?
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

ncduck wrote:
Will that come back down with Frost gone?
Maybe Oregon will double-down on the end zone fades. ...
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Bud Lee wrote:I'm not seeing 50 per game average this year. MM and company didn't even accomplish that back in 2014 and this team, in my opinion, is not as talented on either side of the ball as that one.

To be fair, Marcus team could have averaged 60 a game, if they left the starters in for all 4 qrts.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

buckmarkduck wrote:
Bud Lee wrote:I'm not seeing 50 per game average this year. MM and company didn't even accomplish that back in 2014 and this team, in my opinion, is not as talented on either side of the ball as that one.

To be fair, Marcus team could have averaged 60 a game, if they left the starters in for all 4 qrts.
For that reason alone, I don't see it happening. I think we could hit the 50 a game, if we never let off the gas, but of course Helf and company will let off the gas in the games we are dominating.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

I can see the Ducks hitting 50 per game, but that doesn't mean I'm predicting it to happen. While Freeman is a monster he's not that "not going to catch him now" type of a back. Still lots of offensive weapons and speed though, I agree the D needs to step up and get many more 3 and outs for it to happen. The biggest factor for me on 50 a game is the Ducks don't have a big gap between the #1 and #2 QB as the did with Mariota and Locke, so pulling your starter in the third up 40 isn't going to be much of a step down.... May be able to say the same with the #3 QB........ Not to mention how deep they are at RB, lots of pressure on the O line to preform.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Allowing the 2's, 3's, and 4's an open playbook wouldn't hurt, either...
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

So the over/under here has to be at ~42 right?

and if so give me under I'm guessing closer to 38
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

buckmarkduck wrote:

Good point :lol:
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:

For that reason alone, I don't see it happening. I think we could hit the 50 a game, if we never let off the gas, but of course Helf and company will let off the gas in the games we are dominating.
Yeah, and in all honesty it is better for the team to pull the starters our and give the back ups some reps instead of racking up the stats.