Over/Under 8 Wins

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Kimber45
Three Star Recruit

Re: Over/Under 8 Wins

Post by Kimber45 »

10 wins. More if the stars align.

The offense is the least of our concerns. Despite the wholesale abortion that was the Alamo disaster (apologies for being redundant) really poor offensive showings for Oregon are pretty rare. By memory, Masoli went 4/11 for 77 yards at USC. Sure, Marcus, and other quarterbacks, started slowly sometimes but our offensive talent and execution over the last decade is remarkable enough that it changed offensive philosophy nationwide. Thank you Coach Kelly. Even J. Roper threw for 4 TDs (5?) against South Florida back in the Sun Bowl.

Where we failed last year was our defense. The kid from WSU converted a 3rd and 21 late in the fourth quarter which is really why we were a 9 win team versus not in the playoffs (bent V. Adams finger notwithstanding). I want to say we were playing quarters zone but when the WR catches a 22 yard ball and no one is within 5 yards of him I wonder whether the defense even knows what they were attempting, quite unsuccessfully, to execute.

Coach Hoke may not have been a popular hire at the time but he says the right things and has a defensive resume to give one hope. What you can expect in the first season is that the front end of the defense is going to be fricking fierce. The back end I'm not so sure about.

Bud, as an SEC guy you might not have an up close and personal understanding of our new found rivalry with Stanford. We (Ducks and Indians) own the PAC12 and the champion has come though the North since the beginning. If you stand on your prediction that a school who chose the color red for a mascot in the name of political correctness will beat Oregon this year in Autzen I will, figuratively speaking, reach through my modem and choke the shrimp and grits out of you.
DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Re: Over/Under 8 Wins

Post by DAT_man_again »

11-1. Only loss is to Stanford.

Washington, @USC and @Utah scare me, but I think we surprise everyone and blowout Wazzu. Other 3 will be close.
"You know we the big brother." - Cliff Harris

"Y'all know what time it is." -Damian Lillard