Preaseason Predictions, Reviews & Magazines Are Coming Out

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Preaseason Predictions, Reviews & Magazines Are Coming O

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Cedar Tree wrote:I swear, just about every year for the last 6 years (at least), people say 'oh man, watch out for the Huskies!! This is gonna be their year! They got lots of talent this time around!'

And they underachieve. Every. Single. Time. I have no reason to believe this year will be any different.

Let's see them prove me wrong.
Lol it's kinda true, but I think this is the most competent coach they've had in at least over 15 years, so we'll see if these next couple seasons are where they finally turn the corner.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I would be perfectly fine with them losing 20 in a row to the ducks. I enjoy them not being relevant. I enjoy usc not being relevant too although that for sure will not last.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:I would be perfectly fine with them losing 20 in a row to the ducks. I enjoy them not being relevant. I enjoy usc not being relevant too although that for sure will not last.
It'll be interesting to see how long Clay Helton gets to coach at USC. He'll have a ton of talent in the next couple years now that sanctions have ended. Most coaches would get at least 3-4 years to build a program, but unless he wins 8-9 wins this year and improves in 2017 he may not get a third season. The Trojan faithful have been waiting a long time so he may have a short tenure, especially if a big name coach becomes available.

I think Chris Petersen is under a bit of pressure to show improvement too, though I think he's pretty stable as long as he doesn't take a big step backward. At least not without having a rash of major injuries.
John 3:36
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

The U Dub hype train is real. No idea how they get this from such an average team last couple of years.
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

http://www.philsteele.com/

He has Oregon ranked #26. That surprises me because of the amount of returning talent we have on offense. I suppose he's looking at us replacing 3 O-lineman, 6 of the defensive front 7, new defensive scheme, new QB, 2 new "first time" coordinators, etc.

He may be right. This could be a mediocre year for the Ducks. Still, I think they'll win at least 10 games. They'll just need to grow up quickly and get through the first half of the season with no more than one loss.

Just so everyone knows, he had the Ducks at #11 in the preseason last year.

http://247sports.com/Article/Preseason- ... e-37770929
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

I was at the supermarket earlier and started skimming through several college football magazines like Lindy's, Athlon, Sporting News, ESPN, etc and all of them had Oregon ranked at the lower end of the Top-25 and predicted 3rd in the Pac-12 North behind Stanford and UW.

One magazine said that the Ducks have the talent to be in the national conversation again. It's just going to depend on how they respond to all of the many changes they face this year, but the talent is definitely there.