4%
Other
10%

Total votes: 48
gogreen55
Senior

Re: Best Oregon Runningback

Post by gogreen55 »

Speaking of JJ, that is a good excuse to watch my favorite Oregon video again for the 100th+ time. A classic song to go along with one of the great games in Oregon history. It is basically an entire season of highlights for some teams in one game.

buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Royce will be tops after he leaves.

But right now, I'd take Droughns before his broken leg, Onterrio , Stew, LMJ, Blount, Barner, JJ, Ahmad, Whittle, MoMo and McCullough.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Where's the Royce Freeman option? IMHO he's already the best we've had, with LMJ a close second.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Royce is getting a lot of love, for which he should, he's a great back...... But I can't see how he can even be in the conversation simply because he hasn't had a career yet. IMO, he can be in the conversation after the season is over,,assuming he's done.
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

I'd say lmj, Droughns, Stewart, jj, and Morris. Philyaw was fun to watch as well.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

even tho he only played 2 years Saladin Mccullough was a great back.. He was so gifted and fun
to watch. Can only imagine what he would have done with 4 years...
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Alan wrote:Royce is getting a lot of love, for which he should, he's a great back...... But I can't see how he can even be in the conversation simply because he hasn't had a career yet. IMO, he can be in the conversation after the season is over,,assuming he's done.
Well if you think that JJ is the 2nd best back during his time at Oregon I don't know what to say. In two years Royce has 900 more career rushing yards, owns the single season rushing record and even if he doesn't match last years numbers, he's almost a lock for 1500 and 12. If Royce hits his head and comes back for his Sr year, then this will no longer be a topic of discussion for a very long time as he will obliterate anyone that's even close. What's he has done in two years is phenomenal and to suggest that he can't be in the conversation ignores that others have done less with more time.
snapt
Four Star Recruit

Post by snapt »

I like to think Stewart did more with less, he put the team on his back in the Sun Bowl while banged up and helped make Roper look like Joe Montana. If he was on the same team as LMJ I think he'd have put up similar numbers, just as fast but could provide the thunder as well. Plus he ran me over at a HS football camp.

I think Royce is every bit as good as those two.
BOOF it!
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

Onterrio Smith.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Duck07 wrote:
Alan wrote:Royce is getting a lot of love, for which he should, he's a great back...... But I can't see how he can even be in the conversation simply because he hasn't had a career yet. IMO, he can be in the conversation after the season is over,,assuming he's done.
Well if you think that JJ is the 2nd best back during his time at Oregon I don't know what to say. In two years Royce has 900 more career rushing yards, owns the single season rushing record and even if he doesn't match last years numbers, he's almost a lock for 1500 and 12. If Royce hits his head and comes back for his Sr year, then this will no longer be a topic of discussion for a very long time as he will obliterate anyone that's even close. What's he has done in two years is phenomenal and to suggest that he can't be in the conversation ignores that others have done less with more time.
I'm not sure what you're fishing for here, so it sounds like a matter of "what is a career"? Royce, in my opinion does not have a career yet, simply because he has not completed a career...... After he is done he may be the best ever. I said I enjoyed watching JJ play and "without any thought to it he may be the second best". If I was forced to wasted time on what my opinion is I may chose Stewart, Moore, Blount, Barner, etc. but after Freeman is gone I think he may be the best ever, although I do like a break away type back....
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

No love for Herman Ho Ching
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

duckfan22 wrote:even tho he only played 2 years Saladin Mccullough was a great back.. He was so gifted and fun
to watch. Can only imagine what he would have done with 4 years...

When healthy he was solid, problem was he was injury prone.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

In my opinion... did not include Royce because his career is not yet finished at Oregon. I do agree with Duck07 though that what Royce has done in the 2 years is amazing. I did think about putting him in the poll but because did not consider his career to be done left him off the list. I think when Freeman is done... whether it be this year or next year.. he will be considered the best. I think most here would recognize that.

I think Onterrio might have been a good choice...sad situation with him messing up things as a pro because he couldn't get his act straight. He could have been really good in the pros.

I think I would go with Stewart.... he played in a different offense but did really good for Oregon the 3 years played. Harrington and Stewart were also a great duo.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:In my opinion... did not include Royce because his career is not yet finished at Oregon. I do agree with Duck07 though that what Royce has done in the 2 years is amazing. I did think about putting him in the poll but because did not consider his career to be done left him off the list. I think when Freeman is done... whether it be this year or next year.. he will be considered the best. I think most here would recognize that.

I think Onterrio might have been a good choice...sad situation with him messing up things as a pro because he couldn't get his act straight. He could have been really good in the pros.

I think I would go with Stewart.... he played in a different offense but did really good for Oregon the 3 years played. Harrington and Stewart were also a great duo.
Agreed I was so happy when we got drafted. A player from my favorite team was drafted by my dad's favorite pro team, I even went out and bought a Vikings Jersey in 2004 ..
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

No love for Herman Ho Ching
Would have replied hours ago, but I dropped my smartphone.
Willie Taggart is a dick.