Devon Allen = fastest player in college football?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Devon Allen = fastest player in college football?

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Alan
Senior

Re: Devon Allen = fastest player in college football?

Post by Alan »

Thanks for the link, I'm a huge track fan of Allen, as well as football. Without a doubt he's very, very fast. I remember reading an article a year or two years ago, talking to some of his teammates about his speed. A couple of them said they could beat him in the 40 but not the 100, just boiled down to a different type of speed, I'm not so sure this is true. I googled his 40 times and he seems to be all over the board from 4.29 to 4.61. I suspect it leans toward the 4.29 side, 4.61 was a high school time also. Good luck to him at the trails, I hope he makes the team.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Pac-12 players made up a majority of that list.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Not just fastest in college football, he might be the fastest at any level now. The time of 13.03 would have won silver at the last olymipics, and he's not even close to his prime yet.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Alan wrote:Thanks for the link, I'm a huge track fan of Allen, as well as football. Without a doubt he's very, very fast. I remember reading an article a year or two years ago, talking to some of his teammates about his speed. A couple of them said they could beat him in the 40 but not the 100, just boiled down to a different type of speed, I'm not so sure this is true. I googled his 40 times and he seems to be all over the board from 4.29 to 4.61. I suspect it leans toward the 4.29 side, 4.61 was a high school time also. Good luck to him at the trails, I hope he makes the team.
I'm venture to guess there are plenty of guys who are faster than him from 0-40 yards but it's the 41-110 where he separates himself. Outside of his catch, spin and run for a 60ish yard TD against MSU in 2014, I don't remember him breaking away and showing his Olympic class speed very often. I could be and am probably wrong since I can barely remember, last week let alone two years ago but I just don't remember seeing him on a lot of long catch and runs.

With that being said though, he is definitely the rare football player who is also an Olympic class track athlete and not just an Olympic class track athlete who is clunky in football pads.