Post season predictions

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duckfan96
Senior

Post season predictions

Post by duckfan96 »

Can't remember what site I was on but they had picked Oregon in the sun bowl. Poodles in the rose. Think that won't be happening.

On a side note, the wife and I are getting a golden retriever pup. Any of you ever had one? Good memories, bad memories?
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Re: Post season predictions

Post by pezsez1 »

Early summer is the best time of year for Husky football fans.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

duckfan96 wrote:Can't remember what site I was on but they had picked Oregon in the sun bowl. Poodles in the rose. Think that won't be happening.

On a side note, the wife and I are getting a golden retriever pup. Any of you ever had one? Good memories, bad memories?
I saw that article also, I can't help you where it was, I didn't think much of it. Never had a golden but have had dogs most of my life, the last two have been a cross between and lab and Chesapeake bay 50/50 cross. Can't believe we found another cross after we put the first one down, best dogs ever. I have heard nothing but great things about goldens very much the same personality as labs...... With more hair! :lol: I betting you guys will love it for many years, good luck.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Golden's are usually great with people, kids and other animals. One of the sweetest breeds. Generally more gentle than even labs.

It was shocking when their was a big online uproar in the Woodstock area of Portland over a dog that burst out of its house and killed a dog being walked down the street by its owner, turned out to be a female Golden whose owners had previously taken it in for expensive training to get over its dog aggression tenancies.

Even the best of breeds can have some issues.

Huskies though always need to be beat down.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

SB Nation I think is where I saw those predictions. Funny. Golden's are great, I have had 2 as part of my family. Fun, smart, well tempered. Great dogs!
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Funny enough, my childhood dog was a black miniature poodle named Ernie. He was crazy psychotic, but a very good dog. Once, when camping at Lost Lake, he actually chased a bear up a tree. He was a fearless little f@#$er.

He was way tougher than the poodles up north; they give poodles a bad name.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

duckfan96 wrote:Can't remember what site I was on but they had picked Oregon in the sun bowl. Poodles in the rose. Think that won't be happening.

Everyone wants to write off Oregon. I feel like we say this every year, but this is probably the biggest season for Oregon to prove they are still elite.

It's been a good 6+ years since I've seen Oregon so low in rankings and post-season predictions.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

I'm shocked how little people thing of Oregon right now. I can get the low top 25 ranking, I get that you lost a QB and hummiliated in a bowl. But the fuskie hype train? How?
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
vegasdom
Three Star Recruit

Post by vegasdom »

Vegas says the ducks are 45/1 to win it all. I think they make the playoffs. QB is the biggest question mark for anyone looking in from the outside, but I think the starter will be fine. If the defense can improve form last in the Pac12 to maybe the middle of the field, and with a favorable schedule, this could be a great year.

Alabama 7/1
Clemson 15/2
Ohio State 15/2
Michigan 8/1
LSU 12/1
Oklahoma 12/1
Florida State 14/1
Tennessee 15/1
Notre Dame 18/1
Stanford 28/1
Ole Miss 30/1
Auburn 35/1
Baylor 35/1
Michigan State 35/1
Georgia 40/1
TCU 40/1
UCLA 40/1
USC 40/1
Oregon 45/1
Florida 50/1
Washington 50/1
Oklahoma State 60/1
Texas A&M
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

and if we do make the sun bowl helf will be out anyway
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

cordy02c wrote:and if we do make the sun bowl helf will be out anyway

I don't see that happening, not with another transfer QB, 3 new O-Linemen, 6 of 7 new guys on the defensive front and 2 new coordinators. I think his seat would be mega HOT next year, though.

In all reality, the Ducks only lost 4 games last year because of injuries to Vernon Adams, a crappy backup and a porous defense. If VA had stayed healthy there's a great chance that Oregon may have been in the playoffs again.

They're definitely going through a transition year this season, and practically anyone that knows football would say the same. I agree that the Sun Bowl would be disappointing, but if we ended up going there, won the game and had a 10 win season, I don't think it would be a major catastrophe.

We may shock the world this season and win the conference. We have Stanford and UW at home, so the schedule is setup nicely.
John 3:36
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

LOL Huskies 50/1 That is a laugh. I think Oregon makes it a bakers dozen against them this year... I am sure if wrong will hear about it from the husky fans here.... Let me not be wrong.. please. Of course growing up I never thought I would see the day that Oregon would win a dozen in a row against the huskies.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

cordy02c wrote:and if we do make the sun bowl helf will be out anyway
Little early for the "Fire Helf" post.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I don't put much stock in early season rankings. Had vernon stayed in the Tcu game, we finish last year around 11th and likely are ranked similarly in this pre season.
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

lukeyrid13 wrote:I don't put much stock in early season rankings. Had vernon stayed in the Tcu game, we finish last year around 11th and likely are ranked similarly in this pre season.
Give me a nickel for every overrated LA team.
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)