Senior

Interesting SBNation Oregon Football Preview

Post by SuperDuck »

John 3:36
wlduck
Sophomore

Re: Interesting SBNation Oregon Football Preview

Post by wlduck »

Pretty balanced take I think. My feeling all winter has been exactly what Connelly says: while there are reasons for concerns, the overall talent level seems to be overlooked. I especially appreciated his recognition that the Ducks may have the deepest skill position talent in the country.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

wlduck wrote:Pretty balanced take I think. My feeling all winter has been exactly what Connelly says: while there are reasons for concerns, the overall talent level seems to be overlooked. I especially appreciated his recognition that the Ducks may have the deepest skill position talent in the country.
Those were my thoughts, as well. I just depends on how fast the kids mesh at certain positions. I they can come together and get through the first half of the season unbeaten, look out! :-)
John 3:36
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

I actually prefer that we aren't the darling of the conference as we have been in the past. I would rather everyone heap tons of praise/expectations on UW and let the pressure mount on their shoulders. I would love to see Oregon start the season in the high 20's, if ranked at all, and slowly work their way up the rankings through the first month of the season. Let Prukop get his bearings playing D1 before the media starts focusing on Oregon. IMO, even if Oregon was to start out 4-0, nobody will be talking about them unless they get past Wazzu and UW in early August.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

They are playing wazzu and uw in august?
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

I think he meant to say October.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

I also thought it was one of the fairest articles I have read thus far this spring, I enjoyed the read thanks for the link.

The problem starting out low in the polls is a 1 loss team is outside looking in most of the regular season, it's a slow climb up the polls.........and Nebraska in Lincoln is no gimme.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:They are playing wazzu and uw in august?
I guess I'm the only one who got the updated schedule. :lol:
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

wlduck wrote:Pretty balanced take I think. My feeling all winter has been exactly what Connelly says: while there are reasons for concerns, the overall talent level seems to be overlooked. I especially appreciated his recognition that the Ducks may have the deepest skill position talent in the country.
+1, Oregon's talent is top 10 probably in the country, but at the same time we saw how much talent could be under-utilized and wasted when you don't have a center or a QB.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13