2015 Offense was so explosive

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duck24
Senior

2015 Offense was so explosive

Post by Duck24 »

I know this is a no duh statement but I guess in the 8'ish months since the 2015 regular season, I had forgotten how great our O was with Adams. Pac12 network is replaying the Stanford game right now, a game I attended, and man the offense was practically unstoppable. 5 TD's is 2:30 or less. Griffin, for his size, runs so hard and so physical. Looks like a midget bowling ball running through the hole and off of defenders. Lowering his shoulder and initiating the contact with guys who probably have 50-70 lbs on him. This team was fun to watch with VA at the helm and healthy.

My lasting memories of the season are the Lockie/Alie follies but watching this game is getting me excited for next season. Prukop doesn't seem to be nearly the passer that Adams was but add his own running dimension that VA didn't have. How long until kickoff?

TL/DR: Pac12 replaying Stanford game, gosh offense was good when healthy, how long until kickoff?
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Re: 2015 Offense was so explosive

Post by StevensTechU »

pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

My lasting memories of the season are the Lockie/Alie follies but watching this game is getting me excited for next season.
Man, my lasting memories of last season will always be Adams blasting Stanford and USC. And also staring at my TV in disbelief as Adams led that wild victory against ASU.

Last season was just... one of those things. The result was entirely forgettable. But man, the ride, for the most part, was a ton of fun. Loved the way the team rallied over the second half of the season! When we were healthy, we were clearly the Pac's best team.

I'm stoked for this season. I'm stunned at how many people are overlooking Oregon because of how last season ended. I've been saying for months that I think we'll win the Pac-12 title this year, and I've seen no reason to back down from that prediction.

Also, my gut feeling is Jonsen will start, and I think he's going to be really good -- somewhere between DT and MM when all is said and done.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

When I ponder the ASU game... I think Miracle in the Desert Part II... It was unreal... but in terms of miraculous wins do not think any will be s miraculous as the first Miracle in the Desert.... is no way Oregon should have won that game.... all they had to do... was take a knee....Thanks ASU for handing the ball off.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Man, that was probably the best game I've ever been to. Don't get me wrong, Oklahoma game, Michigan State game, 07 USC game, etc., were all FUN. Especially in Autzen, it's a great feeling. But frankly, I expect Oregon to win every game in Autzen. But going into Palo Alto, with little expectations of winning and being surrounding by pretentious Stanford fans, yet coming out on top was pretty incredible. Walker's knockdown to end the game was vintage.

Highlights don't get old.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

pezsez1 wrote:
My lasting memories of the season are the Lockie/Alie follies but watching this game is getting me excited for next season.
Man, my lasting memories of last season will always be Adams blasting Stanford and USC. And also staring at my TV in disbelief as Adams led that wild victory against ASU.

Last season was just... one of those things. The result was entirely forgettable. But man, the ride, for the most part, was a ton of fun. Loved the way the team rallied over the second half of the season! When we were healthy, we were clearly the Pac's best team.

I'm stoked for this season. I'm stunned at how many people are overlooking Oregon because of how last season ended. I've been saying for months that I think we'll win the Pac-12 title this year, and I've seen no reason to back down from that prediction.

Also, my gut feeling is Jonsen will start, and I think he's going to be really good -- somewhere between DT and MM when all is said and done.
Definitely some great games in a what was the weirdest season since 2007 IMO! But like Duck24, those Utah/Wazzu/TCU games also remind me of the reality of last year.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:When I ponder the ASU game... I think Miracle in the Desert Part II... It was unreal... but in terms of miraculous wins do not think any will be s miraculous as the first Miracle in the Desert.... is no way Oregon should have won that game.... all they had to do... was take a knee....Thanks ASU for handing the ball off.
Yeah my friend and I(we were like 12 at the time) still constantly talk about that game. Joey hitting Peele in the corner right after the fumble and then their fake 2 pt try. Unbelievable game.