USA Today article about Oregon's QB situation

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

USA Today article about Oregon's QB situation

Post by greenyellow »

USA Today has a good article about the shifting offensive coaching staff and how it's impacting the QB situation.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nc ... /87028938/
SuperDuck
Senior

Re: USA Today article about Oregon's QB situation

Post by SuperDuck »

Hey! I just paid $4.95 two days ago to buy the USA Today College Football magazine so I could read this article. Now it shows up here for free. Oh, well. Lol
John 3:36
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

SuperDuck wrote:Hey! I just paid $4.95 two days ago to buy the USA Today College Football magazine so I could read this article. Now it shows up here for free. Oh, well. Lol
I would start a gofundme page to try to replace your $4.95.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:
SuperDuck wrote:Hey! I just paid $4.95 two days ago to buy the USA Today College Football magazine so I could read this article. Now it shows up here for free. Oh, well. Lol
:lol:

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:
:lol:
John 3:36
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

With the help of Montana State’s administration Prukop sent a contact release form to winning FBS programs that without a returning starter or clear heir to the role, and when it looked like there was interest in his services, he went to speak to his position coach, Tim Cramsey.

“I said, I submitted my release form to a couple schools and Oregon hit me back right away,” Prukop recalled. “He was like, Are you serious? And I was like, Yeah. And he gets on his computer and he pulls up the offensive roster they have right now and was like, Look at all these dudes they have coming back.

“He looks at me and says, Whether I stay here as the (offensive coordinator) or as the head coach, if you have a legitimate offer from Oregon, I'm not going to let you stay here. If you have a scholarship offer from Oregon for this fall, I'm not going to let you be the quarterback here next year.”

Pretty clear contrast with how Eastern Washington responded to Vernon Adams' wish to transfer last year. This seems like the more natural reaction for a coach/program that is interested in their players' success.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Phalanx wrote:With the help of Montana State’s administration Prukop sent a contact release form to winning FBS programs that without a returning starter or clear heir to the role, and when it looked like there was interest in his services, he went to speak to his position coach, Tim Cramsey.

“I said, I submitted my release form to a couple schools and Oregon hit me back right away,” Prukop recalled. “He was like, Are you serious? And I was like, Yeah. And he gets on his computer and he pulls up the offensive roster they have right now and was like, Look at all these dudes they have coming back.

“He looks at me and says, Whether I stay here as the (offensive coordinator) or as the head coach, if you have a legitimate offer from Oregon, I'm not going to let you stay here. If you have a scholarship offer from Oregon for this fall, I'm not going to let you be the quarterback here next year.”

Pretty clear contrast with how Eastern Washington responded to Vernon Adams' wish to transfer last year. This seems like the more natural reaction for a coach/program that is interested in their players' success.
Certainly a big contrast to how Adams was treated, good coach, kids first, something to be admired.