Carrington injured

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

cordy02c
Senior

Carrington injured

Post by cordy02c »

so Carrington injured his shoulder in practice today. as a season ticket holder i got to see practice. it happened on a Reggie Daniels cheap shot out of bounds. Half gave daniels a piece of his mind. he was really pissed. was in a sling. Also Mitchell injured his knee and is on crutches
Alan
Senior

Re: Carrington injured

Post by Alan »

Terrible news on both players, I hope his shoulder isn't too bad and I hope Helf isn't done with Daniels.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

That sucks. I know they're supposed to go hard but you don't cheap shot your own teammates.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

I heard from another fan who attended that he saw Carrington mingling with fans after the scrimmage and was laughing and in good spirits. No mention of a sling.

No info on Mitchell.
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

he had the sling on during practice he took it off to mingle with the fans. I shook his hand and the sling was not on
DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Post by DAT_man_again »

Carrington will be okay. If he's shaking hands he should be ready for UC Davis. Worried about Mitchell though
"You know we the big brother." - Cliff Harris

"Y'all know what time it is." -Damian Lillard
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Gotta admit... while I've been stoked about football season starting up again, I was apprehensively waiting for one of these threads to appear.

"(INSERT AWESOME PLAYER'S NAME HERE) injured."

Ah, college football.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

pezsez1 wrote:Gotta admit... while I've been stoked about football season starting up again, I was apprehensively waiting for one of these threads to appear.

Ah, college football.
Still beats the string of years where we had those other threads...

"(INSERT PLAYER's NAME HERE) arrested."

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
pezsez1 wrote:Gotta admit... while I've been stoked about football season starting up again, I was apprehensively waiting for one of these threads to appear.

Ah, college football.

Agree 100%
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

UOducksTK1 wrote:

Ah, college football.

It's been so long that I can't remember the last time we had to discuss one, which is a good thing.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

greenyellow wrote: It's been so long that I can't remember the last time we had to discuss one, which is a good thing.
You could argue that Helfrich is the best coach in UO history when it comes to assembling a roster that we can be proud of as fans and alums. I don't even know if it's a debate, really.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

I feel like this could be a much bigger deal than is being made of it right now. Carrington is a proven, dynamic WR and while it's 'only a shoulder injury', those things linger. Hopefully it's not a dislocation/subluxation which could derail his entire season. Luckily still got three weeks until the first real game of the season.

As for Mitchell, anytime you hear knee injury you cringe. Does anyone know the circumstances of the injury? Knee buckle on a cut, cleat get caught in the turf, rolled up on etc? Really hope it's minor as I think we were all looking to see him play this year after his showing in the spring game.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Duck24 wrote:I feel like this could be a much bigger deal than is being made of it right now. Carrington is a proven, dynamic WR and while it's 'only a shoulder injury', those things linger. Hopefully it's not a dislocation/subluxation which could derail his entire season. Luckily still got three weeks until the first real game of the season.

As for Mitchell, anytime you hear knee injury you cringe. Does anyone know the circumstances of the injury? Knee buckle on a cut, cleat get caught in the turf, rolled up on etc? Really hope it's minor as I think we were all looking to see him play this year after his showing in the spring game.
"hurt it during a blocking drill" was all I've heard on that one.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Through the grapevine, sounds like Mitchell suffered a sprain, nothing serious.
lawduck
Two Star Recruit

Post by lawduck »

GrantDuck wrote:
Duck24 wrote:I feel like this could be a much bigger deal than is being made of it right now. Carrington is a proven, dynamic WR and while it's 'only a shoulder injury', those things linger. Hopefully it's not a dislocation/subluxation which could derail his entire season. Luckily still got three weeks until the first real game of the season.

"hurt it during a blocking drill" was all I've heard on that one.
Does it happen at the end of this video?
https://twitter.com/DuckFootball/status ... 4225299456