UC Davis @ #24 Oregon (Sept 3, Sat 2 pm Pac-12 Net)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

UC Davis @ #24 Oregon (Sept 3, Sat 2 pm Pac-12 Net)

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Go Ducks!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Re: UC Davis @ #24 Oregon (Sept 3, Sat 2 pm Pac-12 Net)

Post by QuackininBama »

This is going to be as exciting as the spring game :lol: .........And seeing as I have DTV, I won't even get to see it anyway. Guess I'll start early. Anyone finds a link PM me plz.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Imagine what he'll do with the talent that Oregon has around him.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

QuackininBama wrote:This is going to be as exciting as the spring game :lol: .........And seeing as I have DTV, I won't even get to see it anyway. Guess I'll start early. Anyone finds a link PM me plz.
Had a guy from DTV hit me up as i was walking out of Fred Meyer wanted me to
change cable providers. I asked if they had PAC-12 network he said no.. i said you lose.
he said but there only on there once. I said but i watch other games, and basketball as well. again you lose.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

I think it should be noted that 23 starters from UC Davis's offense, defense and special teams return from last year -- my point just being that it may not be a v. Portland St. type cakewalk for the Ducks, but possibly a little bit tougher than that.
SeattleBobcat
One Star Recruit

Post by SeattleBobcat »

Greenblood wrote:I think it should be noted that 23 starters from UC Davis's offense, defense and special teams return from last year -- my point just being that it may not be a v. Portland St. type cakewalk for the Ducks, but possibly a little bit tougher than that.
Portland State is leaps and bounds better than UC Davis, UCD is picked close to dead last in the Big Sky. If they score on you guys, it will be a miracle, if you don't come close to breaking 100 points, it will be a miracle.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

greenyellow wrote:Imagine what he'll do with the talent that Oregon has around him.
Those were my sentiments when I saw that tweet.

Here's to hoping that we get out to a big, early lead and get Prukop out of the game by halftime so we don't have any fluke injuries like with VA last year. Get him comfortable with game speed so that he isn't shellshocked when UVA comes to town and then get him out.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

Oregon will not score close to 100... that is absurd. Helfrich is not that kind of a coach. We might score 50 or 60 and maybe 70...although doubt it be 70. I will not see the game since I am working but will see it on Pac 12 network sometime. The offense and defense will be very vanilla. Is no way they show anything. I would doubt see any passes in the 4th quarter or very little if do.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Just so my point isn't missed, I was saying that perhaps we shouldn't assume a result such as PAST obliterations of Portland St. (e.g., 69-0 in 2010).
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Greenblood wrote:Just so my point isn't missed, I was saying that perhaps we shouldn't assume a result such as PAST obliterations of Portland St. (e.g., 69-0 in 2010).

If we don't, then this team is in trouble.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

buckmarkduck wrote:
Greenblood wrote:Just so my point isn't missed, I was saying that perhaps we shouldn't assume a result such as PAST obliterations of Portland St. (e.g., 69-0 in 2010).

Interesting. So you're thinking is that unless the Ducks beat Chico St. by at least 69 points or so, the Ducks are in trouble?
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Greenblood wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:

Interesting. So you're thinking is that unless the Ducks beat Chico St. by at least 69 points or so, the Ducks are in trouble?

No, but we better blow them out. They are one of the very worst teams in that division. It's intresting to me you think it should be some kind of game.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I don't think it will be close... but I think the defense will give up scores in 4th quarter because are emptying the bench. The offense will just be running the ball and might not even attempt a pass in the 4th quarter. The score might be closer than some might think but even if it is.. think it will be clear to most that it wasn't that much of a game.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

I wasn't trying to suggest it would be "some kind of game," buckmark, and I don't think my post said that. Sorry for the misunderstanding. In any case, I'm certainly hoping for as easy and injury-free a blowout as any Ducks fan. But if it ends up something like 58-17, I'm not going to assume that this season is going to be trash.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Nice stat-line for Prukop against UC Davis previously. Oregon will roll. It'll just be fun to see a new QB and a new defense finally.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13