Game Day playlist?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Game Day playlist?

Post by StevensTechU »

I'm curious if anyone else out there has certain songs that they listen to on Duck Saturdays. I had a friend who would play "Africa" by Toto every single game day, and after a while it stuck and now I can't crack my first beer until I've heard it at least once. Outside of that, "I Love My Ducks," "Return of the Quack," the fight song, and "Coming Home" by Matt Kearney all are on my game day playlist.

What about other folks?
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Re: Game Day playlist?

Post by lukeyrid13 »

^ I have all those songs as my game day songs as well. There are a couple other ducks songs. 'O time' and put your Os up' are the titles I believe. Had guys like ed Dickson in the videos. There are a few others but they were even more corny and I don't remember the titles.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

Just Another Nervous Wreck by Supertramp. I love the refrain - 'are you ready'?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

Another one I listened to the season of the first natty, Everything is Coming Our Way by Santana. Honestly there was just something about that song at that time that resonated with me.

wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

lmduck wrote:Another one I listened to the season of the first natty, Everything is Coming Our Way by Santana. Honestly there was just something about that song at that time that resonated with me.

That's a great song from the golden era of Santana.
Kimber45
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kimber45 »

I don't have a game day playlist. Beer list, sure.

But this thread made me curious about the hit list for '87 when I went to my first Oregon game bearing several boda bags to cheer along in a half empty stadium.

So much terrible music. :(

http://www.musicoutfitters.com/topsongs/1987.htm
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Kimber45 wrote:I don't have a game day playlist. Beer list, sure.

But this thread made me curious about the hit list for '87 when I went to my first Oregon game bearing several boda bags to cheer along in a half empty stadium.

So much terrible music. :(

I Wanna Dance With Somebody is a jam
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Kimber45 wrote:So much terrible music. :(

I didn't go through the whole list, but I actually like at least half of the songs in that top 10. I remember seeing these music videos a few hundred times on MTV as a youngster. lol

DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Post by DAT_man_again »

Whenever they play that "Coming Home" song by Matt Kearney at Autzen pre game, I feel like I am at youth group. Like they are gonna throw some Switchfoot on after it.
"You know we the big brother." - Cliff Harris

"Y'all know what time it is." -Damian Lillard
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

DAT_man_again wrote:Whenever they play that "Coming Home" song by Matt Kearney at Autzen pre game, I feel like I am at youth group. Like they are gonna throw some Switchfoot on after it.
This isn't necessarily the case for everybody, but I think people who have moved away from Oregon respond to it more than those that are there. When I first heard it, I definitely got nostalgic.

(Also, you could put KENNY WHEATON'S GONNA SCORE in just about anything and I'll like it)
AutzenMember
Five Star Recruit

Post by AutzenMember »

Tray Dub wrote:
This^^^
(goosebumps)
Kimber45
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kimber45 »

Being a rocker at heart, when it comes to 'Ode to Oregon' songs, Sebastian's ballad is a favorite.

Tray Dub, is the singer for Wolfmother the same guy from as The White Stripes? They sound an awful lot alike.

Imduck, I'm guessing you're an hipster audiophile who owns a turntable. Obscure, b-side forty five tunes from Supertramp and Santana?

This one's for you, from back in the day when I was still eating on glue sticks:

In terms of current rock that get's me out of bed I'll take a band your generation knows as Volbeat. I know them as a modern version of Social Distortion:

And to prove I'm not totally unsafe around small children (I am), I dig the crap out of this teeny bopper tune:

And some bluegrass just cause:

Edit: Da grammerz.
Kimber45
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kimber45 »

You're dead inside if neither of these two songs doesn't get you up to move you in some way.

P.s. LL Cool J song is a repost I put on the OT board awhile back.
Kimber45
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kimber45 »

Can we make a collaborative play list for Oregon v. Washington State?

Any song. Any era. Any genre. Old folks unite! Plus you younglings too who are still actually cool, hip and have a pulse on good music.

My contribution below.

And I quote: "Last night I saw a naked cowgirl and she was floating across the ceiling." Shakespeare's got nothing on that sort of prose.

Would love to see what an album of Ducksattack members looks like.

Just name a song if you want to and I'll link it if I can.