Week 1 Depth Chart released

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: Week 1 Depth Chart released

Post by OregonFan4Life »

buckmarkduck wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:Very surprising, though I will say, if Helf plays Herbert over Jonsen in garbage time I'd be upset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prepare to be upset. I'd bet he plays next week for most of or all the 4th qrt.
Probably, not like Helf cares what I think lol, but no doubt it'd confuse me a bit. But I trust the coaches to make all of the right decisions, no matter how confusing they may be.

duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Very surprising, though I will say, if Helf plays Herbert over Jonsen in garbage time I'd be upset.

Why....They should play the best players..If Herbert has been better then Jonsen then play him. I think Jonsen gets in the game.
If the coaches feel that Herbert is the future then play him. Its only game 1. If Herbert gets in the game with that deer in the
headlights look and Jonsen comes in and plays well then i bet he moves up...so many scenarios early on to get upset over this..

Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

How about Devon Allen! He just shows up to practice two days ago and all of the sudden he's the "(or)" starter at one WR position? . . .
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

And I suppose the mere fact that I think we all "know" that both Tony Brooks-James and Taj Griffin will play extensively, even though both are "nowhere to be found" on this chart, means we need to be careful about any judging of why certain players aren't on the chart.
duck541
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck541 »

First reactions:

- Can't believe Prevot is no where to be found...
- Benoit looked great but disappointed Griffin isn't the #2 back even if he will get plenty of time
- Casey Eugenio on the two deep at maybe our deepest position? WTF
- Canton Kaumatule??? Can't even beat out Elijiah George for a backup spot smh
- Stoked for Dye and Hotchins
- Curious about CB depth with Seisay gone. Wonder if Schooler has really played that well or it's a lack of options. I have to assume that one of the safeties might see some time as a nickel or dime corner with the depth we have at S and lack thereof at CB
- Hoped Jimmy Swain would have stepped up...
- Overall feeling really good about our OL... Hope they don't let me down.
- Herbert hype is real. And lots of young dudes on the two deep at every position. Stoked for the future of Duck football.
duck541
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck541 »

Guess beat writer saying Kaumatule is off the two deep because he's missed time. Makes me feel a little better.

One more to add.. I had hoped after switching positions last year Ty Griffin would have started to realize some of his amazing athletic potential at Cb.. but I guess not.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Prevot may have bigger problems than depth charts.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

buckmarkduck wrote:Prevot may have bigger problems than depth charts.
That doesn't sound good. Care to elaborate? Grades, injury, legal issues?

Edit: and then I checked Twitter and saw. Just when we were talking about it being nice that the players had been staying out of trouble.

https://www.dailyemerald.com/2016/08/26 ... l-offense/
duck541
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck541 »

Yep just saw that Prevot is being investigated for sexual assaulting a former female athlete? Crazy.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Nt
Last edited by buckmarkduck on Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AutzenMember
Five Star Recruit

Post by AutzenMember »

Love seeing Pharaoh Brown on top of the TE depth chart...what a great story. Welcome back PB!
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Seeing Prevot not on the 2 deep is one of the reasons I love or coaches. How many other coaches would still start a great player even if he was under investigation? Heck look at coaches like Art Briles and even Urban Meyer? I love having a coaching staff with integrity!

Wildcat-Duck
One Star Recruit

Post by Wildcat-Duck »

Wow, have never heard the backup center's name before. Just glad it isn't Brenner.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Bottom line is I think the 2 deep may change week to week for a couple of weeks. Prevot is a huge disappointment but Helf is handling it right.... Perfect in my eyes. I always thought Prokup was the guy, but a little surprised at Herbert, I also hope the Hype is true, would love another great local star for the ducks. I also think the 2 deep is because of some other problems such as dings or injury. We'll know when the Ducks are up in the first game 52-0 and Prukop gets replaced.... By who?
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

duckfan22 wrote:

Why....They should play the best players..If Herbert has been better then Jonsen then play him. I think Jonsen gets in the game.
If the coaches feel that Herbert is the future then play him. Its only game 1. If Herbert gets in the game with that deer in the
headlights look and Jonsen comes in and plays well then i bet he moves up...so many scenarios early on to get upset over this..

I only say that cause if Prukop is the clear cut starter, why not try to redshirt Herbert? Not like we'll need him unless if Prukop is injured. Maybe Helf doesn't want to repeat the disaster that was last year by not having the best backup possible in the event Prukop does get injured. I'm sure Helf still has nightmares of watching Lockie on the field when VA was injured.