New Uniforms...?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

hjpop
Four Star Recruit

New Uniforms...?

Post by hjpop »

On a more positive-sounding topic, I was wondering if people have gotten a chance to look at the new Yellow Jersey and the newly released Green Jerseys? I moved to the islands last month so I can't just hop to the Mo and pick one up. The Green one looks a bit simplistic compared to the yellow but I never liked the yellow jerseys (don't own any).
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: New Uniforms...?

Post by UOducksTK1 »

You mean these?

A downgrade IMO. By the way, our uniforms against Nebraska were super ugly. When you look bad, you play bad.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I wouldn't say the uniforms this past weekend were super ugly but more not as good as they could have been. Oregon needs to ditch the glitter white helmet and settle on one uniform design/template to use for the entire lineup of uniforms.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Looks like we will see some new ones on Saturday as well. To be released tomorrow morning.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

Duck24 wrote:Looks like we will see some new ones on Saturday as well. To be released tomorrow morning.
[image=][/image]

Looks like it is going to be these that just came out in stores.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

Dont like the arm stripes.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

I'll be honest, I just want the winged helmets back. I'm far from a fashionista (shorts and a tee shirt all day, every day) but those were just so clean and made everything on the uniforms look so much better and put together.

If those are the actual jerseys though, I don't mind them. The arm stripes give it a sort of old school look.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

I could deal with the new ones if as pictured..they are actually in school colors. now what color pants and helmet.
Yellow pants and helmet would be old school and look good. but thats just me...
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

duckfan22 wrote:I could deal with the new ones if as pictured..they are actually in school colors. now what color pants and helmet.
Yellow pants and helmet would be old school and look good. but thats just me...

I read somewhere that is probably going to be all green. Not sure about the logo on the helmet though, if it is going to be the O or the fighting puddles or mean puddles or whatever they call them.
Penky26
Four Star Recruit

Post by Penky26 »

The direction of the uniforms from helmet on down have been a huge swing and miss for the past year.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

It feels like the design works is just passed onto the interns anymore. Last weeks unis were terrible. White, yellow, and silver?! Seriously? Are Nike designers too cool for basic color theory now?

The winged helmets were really good. I thought we had finally found our signature look that we could wear for the next 20 years. Instead we have "mean puddles". Which I actually like but for merchandise. Not the uniforms.

Honestly, if they aren't going to put real effort into creating cutting edge designs that actually look good then I wish they would just stop. Let us go to a basic, clean uniform template where we wear green & yellow/green & white every week. Stop embarrassing us.
QuackAttack92
Three Star Recruit

Post by QuackAttack92 »

Every uniform with the wings Marcus' senior year were awesome...especially the white ones we wore at UCLA

Last year's were awful...and I've yet to be impressed by any of this years combos either. That goofy looking duck is f*king horrible...they look like they belong in XFL. Ditch it Uncle Phil
"F***** score points. What's your plan?"- Chipper
QuackAttack92
Three Star Recruit

Post by QuackAttack92 »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:It feels like the design works is just passed onto the interns anymore. Last weeks unis were terrible. White, yellow, and silver?! Seriously? Are Nike designers too cool for basic color theory now?

The winged helmets were really good. I thought we had finally found our signature look that we could wear for the next 20 years. Instead we have "mean puddles". Which I actually like but for merchandise. Not the uniforms.

Honestly, if they aren't going to put real effort into creating cutting edge designs that actually look good then I wish they would just stop. Let us go to a basic, clean uniform template where we wear green & yellow/green & white every week. Stop embarrassing us.
This actually isn't the worst idea in the world...black helmet with a yellow O...green shirts yellow pants and numbers at home...white shirts green numbers and pants on the road
"F***** score points. What's your plan?"- Chipper
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

I've seen rumors that the unis are a tribute to the duck. Hope it's not true.
Sooth
Four Star Recruit

Post by Sooth »

I'd be curious as to what anyone 18 and younger thinks about the uniform direction over the last couple of years. To me, they've been getting worse and worse - but then again, I'm getting older and older. I remember loving the uniforms from before when I was younger and all the old fuddy duddies were banging on them. As long as the kids still love them, I don't really care what we wear as long as we kick ass whilst doing it.

EDIT: I've never been one to be too concerned with fashion, but in going to local high school games I have noticed that the fashions of the early 90's seem to be all the rage these days. And early 90's fashion was scattershot, nonsensical and downright god awful. So maybe Nike is hitting the right vein.
Last edited by Sooth on Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.