New Uniforms...?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

dthomas=ddixon

Re: New Uniforms...?

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

You guys realize that recruits like literally anything we do uniform wise, right? They aren't fashion critics, it's not hard to impress them as long as it's new. Terrible design isn't ok because a few high schoolers like it.
Penky26
Four Star Recruit

Post by Penky26 »

my concern is these are teenagers, will they still love them if everyone is slamming them?
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Penky26 wrote:my concern is these are teenagers, will they still love them if everyone is slamming them?
Exactly. Which is why something trivial like uniforms has me so bothered. Ducks fans went through almost 10 years of mockery for the uniforms Nike made for us. The nation finally caught on and realized how cool they were and now, after all that, we're going backwards. And this time the uniforms aren't actually cool and just ahead of their time. Now they actually suck.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

which is better their uniforms suck and they win or their uniforms suck and they lose ? same if the uniforms are awesome.
uniforms dont make the catch, or the tackle or the great block etc its the player wearing them. Of course we want the to
look good but at the end of the day it comes down to wins and loses. But some of their choices are a little different i will say that..
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

I'm going to trust the Nike designers feel for what's cool amongst the recruits/players age group over that of a bunch of 30+ year olds on a message board. Nike sets the trend when it comes to athletic sportswear.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Blah. Could be worse, we could have bras.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

I don't mind them but the Ducks better beat the crap out of Colorado because the media is going to be all over these. Clearly these are not for the fans because it seems most hate them but those people who seem to love them are the recruits and that is who they numerous uniforms are made for. I would like to no longer see the glitter helmet though after this though.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

gofightingducks wrote:I don't mind them but the Ducks better beat the crap out of Colorado because the media is going to be all over these. Clearly these are not for the fans because it seems most hate them but those people who seem to love them are the recruits and that is who they numerous uniforms are made for. I would like to no longer see the glitter helmet though after this though.
Go on twitter, the national media reaction has been very positive overall. This board and opposing fans are seemingly the only places I've found so unhappy with them.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Duck24 wrote:I'm going to trust the Nike designers feel for what's cool amongst the recruits/players age group over that of a bunch of 30+ year olds on a message board. Nike sets the trend when it comes to athletic sportswear.
Meh. I work in design and know what looks good. The Ducks unis have't looked good for over a year.

And how old do you think the Nike designers are? They aren't a bunch of 19 year olds. Teenagers don't create or set the latest trends anyways, they just jump on board whatever they perceive to be the cool thing at the moment. As long as they're being told the Ducks unis are cool then they will think so but the second media, social media especially, flips the script, they'll be done.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Man, this is weird. I am usually a tough critique when it comes to our uniforms, but now I am on the opposite side of the fence because in all honesty.... I really like these!
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:
Duck24 wrote:I'm going to trust the Nike designers feel for what's cool amongst the recruits/players age group over that of a bunch of 30+ year olds on a message board. Nike sets the trend when it comes to athletic sportswear.
Meh. I work in design and know what looks good. The Ducks unis have't looked good for over a year.

And how old do you think the Nike designers are? They aren't a bunch of 19 year olds. Teenagers don't create or set the latest trends anyways, they just jump on board whatever they perceive to be the cool thing at the moment. As long as they're being told the Ducks unis are cool then they will think so but the second media, social media especially, flips the script, they'll be done.
Tinker Hatfield works on many of the Ducks uniform designs. Again, I'm going to trust a guy who has shaped athletic sportswear/footwear fashion for the better part of three decades. If you think Nike has anything but their best designers working on Oregon uniforms, you are mistaken.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Duck24 wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:

Tinker Hatfield works on many of the Ducks uniform designs. Again, I'm going to trust a guy who has shaped athletic sportswear/footwear fashion for the better part of three decades. If you think Nike has anything but their best designers working on Oregon uniforms, you are mistaken.
If that's the case then I'll back off on criticizing the unis but given the major drop off in the quality of design since last season I would question whether Tinker and their best designers are actually putting real effort into these.

Like I said earlier, it feels like they've been delegated to the interns. And this is coming from a huge Nike fan. I love what they do in pretty much every phase. Which is why I'm so bothered by the crap we've been given for uniforms.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:
Duck24 wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:

If that's the case then I'll back off on criticizing the unis but given the major drop off in the quality of design since last season I would question whether Tinker and their best designers are actually putting real effort into these.

Like I said earlier, it feels like they've been delegated to the interns. And this is coming from a huge Nike fan. I love what they do in pretty much every phase. Which is why I'm so bothered by the crap we've been given for uniforms.
You think Uncle Phil's company has delegated the Oregon uniform design to interns? For real? Nike doesn't do something just to do it (no unfunny pun intended), especially when it comes to Oregon. I'd be willing to bet they spent months on the design and refinement of this set of uniforms and every other one.
QuackAttack92
Three Star Recruit

Post by QuackAttack92 »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:You guys realize that recruits like literally anything we do uniform wise, right? They aren't fashion critics, it's not hard to impress them as long as it's new. Terrible design isn't ok because a few high schoolers like it.
right on mate these are utter shyte
"F***** score points. What's your plan?"- Chipper
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Biggus Duckus wrote:They're supposed to be fun uniforms that resemble our goofy mascot, I really don't see anything wrong with them. They are meant to be goofy as well and I kinda like them.
Most overlooked part of the Oregon 'brand' BY OUR OWN FANS is that we're the edgy yet fun, don't-be-afraid-to-laugh-at-yourself fanbase.

Big balls chip. 'I love my ducks' videos. Puddles. Animal House.

Have a laugh, everybody.