New Uniforms...?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

QuackAttack92
Three Star Recruit

Re: New Uniforms...?

Post by QuackAttack92 »

The winged helmets were among the coolest in college football. Idk what happened with the company but UO athletic department would do well to fix that relationship
"F***** score points. What's your plan?"- Chipper
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Only way I could see how these came into fruition is that during some of the in-player consultation meetings that Nike does with the players in the off-season, some of the players must have seen/remembered that stupid fan concept that looked similar to these and pushed hard enough to get it made. Other than that, I'm not sure how anyone in their right mind thought it'd be a good idea to incorporate so much orange into the uniform.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Gotta say, I love them.

Can't wait to rub our use of the color orange into the faces of my Beaver family and friends... assuming we win, of course.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Just having 'new' uniforms doesn't get you attention anymore. Everyone has new uniforms. So if the goal is get more eyeballs on the Ducks and enhance the brand, then mission accomplished.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

The Marcus helmets and unis were like having a Ferrari, the unis since are Honda accords. Recruits might like them, but they loved our old gear.

And don't try and sell me Tinker knows best, he has made plenty of crap over the years.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Since they're essentially traditional colors (+ orange), I think they're fine. My wife, I suspect, will like them.
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:
Duck24 wrote:I'm going to trust the Nike designers feel for what's cool amongst the recruits/players age group over that of a bunch of 30+ year olds on a message board. Nike sets the trend when it comes to athletic sportswear.
Meh. I work in design and know what looks good. The Ducks unis have't looked good for over a year.

And how old do you think the Nike designers are? They aren't a bunch of 19 year olds. Teenagers don't create or set the latest trends anyways, they just jump on board whatever they perceive to be the cool thing at the moment. As long as they're being told the Ducks unis are cool then they will think so but the second media, social media especially, flips the script, they'll be done.
Don't you mean you know what looks good to you? This is such a personal/subjective topic that you can't possibly state that you are the expert.

I like them minus the orange socks.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

As long as recruits like them I suppose I'm just getting old.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

EncinitasDuck wrote:
dthomas=ddixon wrote:
Duck24 wrote:I'm going to trust the Nike designers feel for what's cool amongst the recruits/players age group over that of a bunch of 30+ year olds on a message board. Nike sets the trend when it comes to athletic sportswear.
Meh. I work in design and know what looks good. The Ducks unis have't looked good for over a year.

And how old do you think the Nike designers are? They aren't a bunch of 19 year olds. Teenagers don't create or set the latest trends anyways, they just jump on board whatever they perceive to be the cool thing at the moment. As long as they're being told the Ducks unis are cool then they will think so but the second media, social media especially, flips the script, they'll be done.
Don't you mean you know what looks good to you? This is such a personal/subjective topic that you can't possibly state that you are the expert.

I like them minus the orange socks.
You're taking me out of context. I said that in response to Duck24 saying we are all 30+ year olds who don't know what looks good. I'm a 26 year in the design industry so I took issue with that ha. I work in interior and architectural design so I'm obviously no expert on uniforms but there is an aesthetic standard for what works and what doesn't. The uniforms at Nebraska for example: Predominantly white paired with bright yellow and silver accents simply doesn't work aesthetically. It's one thing if the equipment managers pair yellow pants with a white top (@ASU in '08 or '09) but as a uniform design coming from Nike? Weak.

Which is my larger issue with these uniforms. 3 years ago I would have been on board with these but right now they are just the latest in a years worth of low quality uniform designs.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

StevensTechU wrote:Coupl'a 4* recruits like them.

And yes, they are a 'joke,' as in non-serious. We're Oregon. We're not frothing-at-the-mouth LSU. (sorry Bud) The game, and being a fan, is supposed to be fun.

Why you had to use LSU as an example :lol:
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Greenblood wrote:Since they're essentially traditional colors (+ orange), I think they're fine. My wife, I suspect, will like them.
I actually kind of like them, the orange sock and face mask is a bit much but the rest is very clean and sharp looking.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:It feels like the design works is just passed onto the interns anymore. Last weeks unis were terrible. White, yellow, and silver?! Seriously? Are Nike designers too cool for basic color theory now?

The winged helmets were really good. I thought we had finally found our signature look that we could wear for the next 20 years. Instead we have "mean puddles". Which I actually like but for merchandise. Not the uniforms.

Honestly, if they aren't going to put real effort into creating cutting edge designs that actually look good then I wish they would just stop. Let us go to a basic, clean uniform template where we wear green & yellow/green & white every week. Stop embarrassing us.
I agree with all of this. Our uniforms last week were garbage. And couldn't agree more on the pirate puddles look.

With that being said, if you remove the shoulder stripes, the glitter on the helmets, and the pirate puddles, the color scheme on the literal Duck look isn't too bad!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Duck24 wrote:You all may not like them and other fanbases may scoff but the recruits like them and at the end of the day, that's all that matters.

I actually don't mind them at all. Orange socks are a little over the top but it fits with the original intention
But there's been a stretch where majority of people liked them, including recruits. Overall minus a few things here and there as a I mentioned above, I actually think it's a sweet look and will look good on TV.

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

buckmarkduck wrote:Blah. Could be worse, we could have bras.
:lol: This

dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

QuackAttack92 wrote:The winged helmets were among the coolest in college football. Idk what happened with the company but UO athletic department would do well to fix that relationship
The "O" on our helmets is a much better look than the wings IMO. There are some things that should stick to tradition, the "O" is one of them.