New Uniforms...?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Re: New Uniforms...?

Post by gofightingducks »

greenyellow wrote:Only way I could see how these came into fruition is that during some of the in-player consultation meetings that Nike does with the players in the off-season, some of the players must have seen/remembered that stupid fan concept that looked similar to these and pushed hard enough to get it made. Other than that, I'm not sure how anyone in their right mind thought it'd be a good idea to incorporate so much orange into the uniform.

I heard somewhere that the players thought it would be cool to recognize or honor somebody or some part of program history or have a theme that represents something the program is known for each game through the uniforms. Week one Coach Rad, week two Lightning, week three villains and now the Duck. I think it is pretty cool and it makes sense as to why there is no consistency with the uniforms, hopefully though a single look like the wings is being worked on for next year.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

StevensTechU wrote:Coupl'a 4* recruits like them.

And yes, they are a 'joke,' as in non-serious. We're Oregon. We're not frothing-at-the-mouth LSU. (sorry Bud) The game, and being a fan, is supposed to be fun.
I agree. Just have some fun with it. Why so serious?
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

For what it's worth, Matt Prehm of 247Sports tweeted out a poll question of whether fans 'love' or 'hate' these uniforms. Last time I looked, 77% were in favor of them (23% against) after 475 votes.
QuackAttack92
Three Star Recruit

Post by QuackAttack92 »

I could care less if we wore black skirts as long as we rebound and kick Colorados ass
"F***** score points. What's your plan?"- Chipper
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I could care less if we wore black skirts as long as we rebound and kick Colorados ass
Only if they're black glitter skirts.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

They were OK. But I swear when our uniforms are hot, we play great. The mediocrity of our uniforms is in-sync with our play on the field. Someone should do a study on this.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

UOducksTK1 wrote:They were OK. But I swear when our uniforms are hot, we play great. The mediocrity of our uniforms is in-sync with our play on the field. Someone should do a study on this.
I think it's pretty easy to see. Since changing over from the winged helmets and having only a couple uniform designs, the team hasn't played as well. They need to go back to having a base set of uniforms and helmets for 3-4 years with only the occasional one-off. That'll only happen once Nike stops coming out with new uniform templates every year or two. Since 2012, Oregon has used 3 different Nike templates with a varying degree of design quality.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

They were OK. But I swear when our uniforms are hot, we play great. The mediocrity of our uniforms is in-sync with our play on the field. Someone should do a study on this.
Simple rules, really:

1. No more glitter.
2. No more pink.
3. No more costumes.
4. Must have either green or yellow.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

First, burn those horrible orange socks.

Issue new uniforms when the team does well, a reward. Otherwise get back to the yellow and green throwbacks. Let's get some things under control.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Make them start the season in the ugliest Grellow unis money can buy.

With each win, they replace a uniform piece with something cool.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Just start with all white, and with each win add color
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Looks like Oregon has released the uniforms for WSU. They appear to be the same jerseys from the Alamo Bowl. Was really expecting they'd go with a pattern similar to the yellows they wore against Virginia because the new white cleats have the same pattern as those.