I'm out Helf; sorry

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

QuackAttack92
Three Star Recruit

Re: I'm out Helf; sorry

Post by QuackAttack92 »

Not sure promoting Hoke is the answer...if we went that route who would coach the Offense
"F***** score points. What's your plan?"- Chipper
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Duckenstein wrote:
karlhungis wrote:
mdm0302 wrote:I think the majority of you are crazy. The program is not falling off the deep end... But, this makes me take a couple steps towards the fire Helf train..

@AndrewGreif: Maloata: "Some of the young guys are here just to be here. They think ... by the time we play the next opponent, we're just going to win."

That attitude/culture is all on the shoulders of the CEO

Yeah, that is troubling. I know Chip isn't coming back but that is exactly the type of thing that he wouldn't have allowed. That's what this team is missing. I don't care about losses as much as I care about a lack of leadership and accountability. I think Hoke is a huge improvement in the accountability department over Pellum but I don't know if Helfrich will ever get there. Hopefully he can surround himself with a staff that will demand that but it seems like the staff is taking on his personality, instead of compensating for it.
Maybe Hoke can slide into the HC role?

He seems to wield a big stick. Helfrich was never gonna work out as a CEO. To be successful he would have needed an OC and DC that raked people over the coals and got them excited. He's a middle manager type. If Hoke can be a CEO maybe he can save this team.
What part of his 31-20 record at perennial power Michigan impressed you?
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

maxduck wrote:
Duckenstein wrote:
karlhungis wrote:
mdm0302 wrote:I think the majority of you are crazy. The program is not falling off the deep end... But, this makes me take a couple steps towards the fire Helf train..

@AndrewGreif: Maloata: "Some of the young guys are here just to be here. They think ... by the time we play the next opponent, we're just going to win."

That attitude/culture is all on the shoulders of the CEO

Yeah, that is troubling. I know Chip isn't coming back but that is exactly the type of thing that he wouldn't have allowed. That's what this team is missing. I don't care about losses as much as I care about a lack of leadership and accountability. I think Hoke is a huge improvement in the accountability department over Pellum but I don't know if Helfrich will ever get there. Hopefully he can surround himself with a staff that will demand that but it seems like the staff is taking on his personality, instead of compensating for it.
Maybe Hoke can slide into the HC role?

He seems to wield a big stick. Helfrich was never gonna work out as a CEO. To be successful he would have needed an OC and DC that raked people over the coals and got them excited. He's a middle manager type. If Hoke can be a CEO maybe he can save this team.
What part of his 31-20 record at perennial power Michigan impressed you?

Exactly.. Hoke was fired from Michigan...
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Hoke isn't the answer. He could fill in on an interim role of that was needed but he is not the guy on a top 15 program.
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

I am never for a mid season firing. At the end of the year he will have a review with the AD, which happens every year. Also why is Quack Attack still on this board?
mdm0302
Freshman

Post by mdm0302 »

To suggest Hoke being HC after the performance of the defense this year, is exactly why we are just fans.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I know the defense is bad... but for the moment am giving Hoke a pass. He had absolutely nothing when came in. I want to see what happens when he gets his players. We still need to make major strides with our linebacker recruiting. We need some really good studs there. Lets see if Hoke can get them.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Lol at the Hoke notion. We'd be better off having Bellotti replace Helfrich than sliding another Peter Principle candidate up. Plus, the taxpayers are already paying into MB's PERS, and he's no longer the highest paid recipient!