I'm out Helf; sorry

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

I'm out Helf; sorry

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I wanted for him to be the guy but he has shown that outside of mariota, he is in way over his head. I don't enjoy it but I'm now rooting for a new hire at the end of the season. He is going to bring down this program. We have lost so much momentum Already. Sigh.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Re: I'm out Helf; sorry

Post by FlDuckFan »

Who do we get tough? Les Miles?
lukeyrid13
All-American

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I would love herman. Throw the bank at him. We are willing to pay 65 million for a building we need to back up that investment and be willing to pay top dollar for a top coach

More realistically, Rocky long would be ok.
wepto
Four Star Recruit

Post by wepto »

FlDuckFan wrote:Who do we get tough? Les Miles?
As long as we're believing those crazy rumors, Malzahn would fit in at Oregon better.
lukeyrid13
All-American

Post by lukeyrid13 »

We also should've just hired chris Petersen when chip left. He would have come here but we didn't want to change schemes.
rentdodger1
Three Star Recruit

Post by rentdodger1 »

lukeyrid13 wrote:I wanted for him to be the guy but he has shown that outside of mariota, he is in way over his head. I don't enjoy it but I'm now rooting for a new hire at the end of the season. He is going to bring down this program. We have lost so much momentum Already. Sigh.
Tough to watch. Oregon has made the right coaching decisions going forward since Brooks and Helfrich does not look like the guy right now. Helfrich reminds me of Jim Haney when he took over for Dick Harter. Good guy but not a head coach. This is his team and players and right now it looks like the keystone cops. The program is regressing and a change will be made if he doesn't turn it around.
rentdodger1
Three Star Recruit

Post by rentdodger1 »

lukeyrid13 wrote:We also should've just hired chris Petersen when chip left. He would have come here but we didn't want to change schemes.
Oregon will get a quality guy if a change is made, too good a job. This hire from within has run its course. Sometimes you miss and Oregon is not immune to that.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12

Post by FlDuckFan »

lukeyrid13 wrote:I would love herman. Throw the bank at him. We are willing to pay 65 million for a building we need to back up that investment and be willing to pay top dollar for a top coach

I didn't think of Herman.. question is what would they do with the defense. That's potentially 3 new coordinators in 3 years.
QuackAttack92
Three Star Recruit

Post by QuackAttack92 »

Goodbye and good riddance...this is gonna be an ugly season
"F***** score points. What's your plan?"- Chipper
lukeyrid13
All-American

Post by lukeyrid13 »

FlDuckFan wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:I would love herman. Throw the bank at him. We are willing to pay 65 million for a building we need to back up that investment and be willing to pay top dollar for a top coach

I didn't think of Herman.. question is what would they do with the defense. That's potentially 3 new coordinators in 3 years.
He would bring todd orlando with him who we should have hired when allioti retired. That's who I wanted before the pellum hire out of left field
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12

Post by FlDuckFan »

lukeyrid13 wrote:
FlDuckFan wrote:

He would bring todd orlando with him who we should have hired when allioti retired. That's who I wanted before the pellum hire out of left field
I like that idea. I say if they decided to change the smart thing would be to keep Helfrich till the end of the season and avoid any interim coach nonsense.
QuackAttack92
Three Star Recruit

Post by QuackAttack92 »

It's hard to see Helfrich making it to Halloween under the state of things
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I just want Helfrich gone. I wanted it to work since he is an Oregon guy... but this is just clearly not acceptable... and Helfrich I always had reservations about you... now instead of reservations.. I just want you gone... plain... and simple. Losing to Colorado at home to a team picked dead last is not acceptable and I don't care who you are. You lost last year to Utah a loss that was the largest ever at Autzen and then you lose a bowl game after being up by 31... and now this. I want you out... period.
QuackAttack92
Three Star Recruit

Post by QuackAttack92 »

that's on us, and we'll fix it
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

QuackAttack92 wrote:that's on us, and we'll fix it
You a big DAF guy or just a sports talk caller?