We lost two straight weeks...

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: We lost two straight weeks...

Post by OregonFan4Life »

But hey, if I get called out I'll do the same. Mods should look into banning Alan, he told me that I should use a tampon. That's bad taste and degrading to women, to me that's the type of behavior that people should be frustrated about, not my posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

pudgejeff wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
droop10 wrote:Does that mean you'll leave? Suddenly I'm starting to see a silver lining to this game.
Same here.
It's funny, OF4L actually has some very well thought out intelligent posts that contribute quite a bit to this forum when his emotions aren't in control mid game. You can see in the threads the post during games change with the types of emotions we are all experiencing and it's not all bad.
Haha! Guilty! But luckily my hot wife is about to take me on a hot date so I'm calm now! Lol, I do get passionate about my ducks and it makes me a fool sometimes.

FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
droop10 wrote:Does that mean you'll leave? Suddenly I'm starting to see a silver lining to this game.
Same here.
It's funny, OF4L actually has some very well thought out intelligent posts that contribute quite a bit to this forum when his emotions aren't in control mid game. You can see in the threads the post during games change with the types of emotions we are all experiencing and it's not all bad.
Haha! Guilty! But luckily my hot wife is about to take me on a hot date so I'm calm now! Lol, I do get passionate about my ducks and it makes me a fool sometimes.

Haha have fun!
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
Same here.

Good for you, have fun, it's time to relax and think about wazzu.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Alan wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
Same here.

Good for you, have fun, it's time to relax and think about wazzu.
Thank you! Much appreciated! And I do have to ask, feel free to insult me, but please do not have insults that are degrading to women, that's all I ask.

Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Okay, I have to ask how is a women using a tampon degrading to woman? I think you're twisting the point of my comment. But do us both a favor and move on.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Alan wrote:Okay, I have to ask how is a women using a tampon degrading to woman? I think you're twisting the point of my comment. But do us both a favor and move on.
Using a tampon as an insult is degrading.

pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

People seem to not realize that Colorado is no longer the Pac-12's doormat. They're going to end up like last season's WSU team that was in Pac-12 title contention until the very end.

They were handling Michigan until the starter got hurt and the backup had to come in. Yeah, he played way better against us, but our defense is worse than Michigan's and he also had a week to prepare.

Point is, Colorado is legit. Folks here are acting like losing to Colorado is like losing a basketball game to Helen Keller. That's an obsolete point of view.

Yeah, it sucks losing for two straight weeks, especially in games that weren't decided until the final moments. Knowing we could easily be undefeated despite our flaws is... hard. But it's not like we're getting embarrassed by bad teams; we lost two hard-fought battles. Lick those wounds and move on.

By the way, no team in the Pac-12 conference is head-and-shoulders above the rest this season. Oregon definitely hurt its chances today, but the door to the Pac-12 title game is by no means slammed shut. This season will be full of dog fights; be ready for another year in which the Pac-12 misses the playoff and our champion has at least two conference losses.

Today, we learned we have a resilient team that doesn't give up. Many people here were rolling over and giving up.

As fans, we have just one job -- ONE JOB -- and that's don't quit on your effing team.
Last edited by pezsez1 on Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
Duckenstein
Freshman

Post by Duckenstein »

pezsez1 wrote:People seem to not realize that Colorado is no longer the Pac-12's doormat. They're going to end up like last season's WSU team that was in Pac-12 title contention until the very end.

They were handling Michigan until the starter got hurt and the backup had to come in. Yeah, he played way better against us, but our defense is worse than Michigan's and he also had a week to prepare.

Point is, Colorado is legit. Folks here are acting like losing to Colorado is like losing a basketball game to Helen Keller. That's an obsolete point of view.

Yeah, it sucks losing for two straight weeks, especially in games that weren't decided until the final moments. Knowing we could easily be undefeated despite our flaws is... hard. But it's not like we're getting embarrassed by bad teams; we lost two hard-fought battles. Lick those wounds and move on.

By the way, no team in the Pac-12 conference is head-and-shoulders above the rest this season. Oregon definitely hurt its chances today, but the door to the Pac-12 title game is by no means slammed shut. This season will be full of dog fights; be ready for another year in which the Pac-12 misses the playoff and our champion has at least two conference losses.

Today, we learned we have a resilient team that doesn't give up. Many people here were rolling over and giving up.

As a fan, we have just one job -- ONE JOB -- and that's don't quit on your effing team.

Don't quit on the Ducks.
Really?
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Really?
Yes. REALLY.

And welcome to the board, Mr. Two Post.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12

Post by FlDuckFan »

We also learned that they're 0 for 2 on 4th qtr comebacks.
wepto
Four Star Recruit

Post by wepto »

pezsez1 wrote:People seem to not realize that Colorado is no longer the Pac-12's doormat. They're going to end up like last season's WSU team that was in Pac-12 title contention until the very end.

As fans, we have just one job -- ONE JOB -- and that's don't quit on your effing team.
It's still pretty early in the season to declare Colorado to be in contention for the North division--I doubt furd struggles with that team.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

As a fan, we have just one job -- ONE JOB -- and that's don't quit on your effing team.

Don't quit on the Ducks.
Have to agree with you here. Oregon is rebuilding a bit while the rest of the conference is on an upswing. Sucks that both are happening at the same time but there's nothing that can be done about that. I always felt Oregon was a year or two away before they've finally got over the effects of the recruiting sanctions and all the coaching changes. The Ducks are no longer head and shoulders the rest of conference due to the scheme no longer being unique and confounding to opposing defenses and teams finally investing that influx of media money in better coaches and facilities.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12

Post by FlDuckFan »

wepto wrote:

It's still pretty early in the season to declare Colorado to be in contention for the North division--I doubt furd struggles with that team.

They could Stanford's offense is McCaffrey stop him and they go nowhere, They rarely throw it to someone not names McCaffrey.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

We also learned that they're 0 for 2 on 4th qtr comebacks.
Who are "they" though? Plenty of Ducks on the roster have been there for come-from-behind wins. Are you talking about Prukop specifically? Do you think two games is really a large enough sample size to gauge whether a QB can win in the clutch? Are you factoring that he faced like 4th and 18 against Nebraska? Or that he overcame 3rd and 16 today to even give us an opportunity?

We did learn this year's complete roster is 0 for 2 in fourth-quarter comebacks -- that is true -- but I'm not sure what kind of meaningful conclusion you're going to draw from that, other than the literal win/loss record.
UCLA is giving Stanford fits right now, six minutes away from beating them. Like I said, no team in the Pac-12 this year appears to be elite. It's not that Colorado is super awesome, it's that nobody in the Pac-12 right now is super awesome.