We lost two straight weeks...

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Re: We lost two straight weeks...

Post by FlDuckFan »

pezsez1 wrote:
We also learned that they're 0 for 2 on 4th qtr comebacks.
Who are "they" though? Plenty of Ducks on the roster have been there for come-from-behind wins. Are you talking about Prukop specifically? Do you think two games is really a large enough sample size to gauge whether a QB can win in the clutch?

We did learn they're 0 for 2 in fourth-quarter comebacks -- that is true -- but I'm not sure what kind of meaningful conclusion you're going to draw from that, other than the literal win/loss record.
What did I mean is that out of 2 attempts this year they've pulled it off zero times. This one surprised me as Prukop and the team have been very good in the redzone.

Is two games enough sample size , I'm not sure. My only hesitation with that was that both times it came down to Prukop and against Nebraska he saw ghosts and fled from the pocket to soon instead of trying to at least heave it and hope. ( all be it the penalty was not his fault ) This week he threw a really bad back corner fade route, no question about it and if you ask him tomorrow after he sees film he'll even tell you it was a bad throw.

I'm not on the bench Prukop and start Herbert train , I just want people to actually watch the game, although sometimes I will admit I get to emotional about it. After the NEbraska game I was upset but the next day I re-evaluated and was very encouraged with the progress the offensive line is making and even some parts of the defense that game.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Remind me how many INTs Prukop has thrown this season?

Given the amount of pressure he is under on a regular basis, it's somewhat amazing.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Prukop is not the problem.

Bad coaching, like, awful coaching...the last 2 weeks.

So much talent, just being wasted.

Haven't liked what I've seen from Lubick so far.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I don't think Prukop is the problem. I think it is the coaching... the defense... the penalties.. the lack of having some coach who seemingly is more concerned about being nice... than is bout getting in someone's face when they need a butt chewing I will always be a duck... but we are heading towards a 6 or 7 win season if we are lucky. Hopefully Helfrich is done. This was the last straw and he needs to be shown the door. Losing at home to team that is picked dead last not acceptable period.. Show the guy the door.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:I don't think Prukop is the problem. I think it is the coaching... the defense... the penalties.. the lack of having some coach who seemingly is more concerned about being nice... than is bout getting in someone's face when they need a butt chewing I will always be a duck... but we are heading towards a 6 or 7 win season if we are lucky. Hopefully Helfrich is done. This was the last straw and he needs to be shown the door. Losing at home to team that is picked dead last not acceptable period.. Show the guy the door.
Except Colorado is nowhere near as bad as they've been and likely don't deserve to be viewed as the worst team in the conference, especially after the way they played at Michigan.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Colorado is better....but they also couldn't have gotten any worse. No excuses for losing to Colorado. I don't care about injuries or anything else. We should have beaten an inferior(yes improved) opponent at home.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

woundedknees wrote:Remind me how many INTs Prukop has thrown this season?

Given the amount of pressure he is under on a regular basis, it's somewhat amazing.
That stat is a lot more complicated, there is a big difference between INT's thrown and INT's caught. I don't know the number, but is for sure a lot more than zero. But be honest, to me that isn't his biggest problem. He doesn't seem to have the arm talent to stretch defense's and you're seeing the rest of the offense struggle because of it.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

There are no surprises from Prukop, no real agility.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

pudgejeff wrote:
woundedknees wrote:Remind me how many INTs Prukop has thrown this season?

That stat is a lot more complicated, there is a big difference between INT's thrown and INT's caught. I don't know the number, but is for sure a lot more than zero. But be honest, to me that isn't his biggest problem. He doesn't seem to have the arm talent to stretch defense's and you're seeing the rest of the offense struggle because of it.
Exactly. Prukop had a pass that should have been picked a play or two before the actual pick. He has played 'safe', but hasen't thrown many deep balls. I absolutely loathe the offensive game calling. I loathe the receiver screen with zero blocking, if the Ducks don't make the D pay with the long ball. It just doesn't make sense. Why no,screen play with blockers? Inside screen? Ever heard of it? The 10yd curl by Stanford is the first I've seen all season. So easy, yet they never run it. This offensive play calling is seriously offensive.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

What I am honestly seeing, is defenses are not fooled by anything the offense is running. Yes, the D has its issues, but the O is actually the lame part. They don't fool anyone any longer.
Duckenstein
Freshman

Post by Duckenstein »

pezsez1 wrote:
Really?
Yes. REALLY.

And welcome to the board, Mr. Two Post.
Thanks for the welcome.

I've been a fan for ages, and supporting the team doesn't mean making excuses for failure.

Colorado is a terrible team even if they've improved. The ducks are 2-2 with losses to middling Nebraska and doormat Colorado.

It's not an overreaction to call out the lack of preparation, fundamentals, and play calling by this coaching staff.

I'd like to see these young men succeed and reach their potential.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Everythingsducky wrote:What I am honestly seeing, is defenses are not fooled by anything the offense is running. Yes, the D has its issues, but the O is actually the lame part. They don't fool anyone any longer.
Nope. Speed is our only advantage now and that is pretty much nullified by our inexperienced O-Line and QB.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Duckenstein wrote:
pezsez1 wrote:
Really?
Yes. REALLY.

And welcome to the board, Mr. Two Post.
Thanks for the welcome.

I've been a fan for ages, and supporting the team doesn't mean making excuses for failure.

Colorado is a terrible team even if they've improved. The ducks are 2-2 with losses to middling Nebraska and doormat Colorado.

It's not an overreaction to call out the lack of preparation, fundamentals, and play calling by this coaching staff.

I'd like to see these young men succeed and reach their potential.
I doubt many here aren't making excuses as much as simply looking at the facts. It's easier to sling blame around then to realize the facts. I wonder if Harbaugh think Colorado is a terrible team. I will agree however that the DB's need to go back to the fundamentals of tacking, Schooler seems to be the only guy that knows how to wrap up.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

How is it that this team does not tackle well? It makes no sense to me.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

Should be a question coaches ask when recruiting a defensive player... can you tackle consistently through 4 quarters or do you think arm tackling or going for a big hit and whiffing gets it done. When recruiting receivers expect them to catch the ball and make defenders miss. It seems the coaching staff does not know how to get the kids to learn how to tackle.