Fire Helf tomorrow morning

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Re: Fire Helf tomorrow morning

Post by shoparound »

If the season goes sour, I would love to see Tom Herman be considered as well...
But knowing our AD, they don't make these decisions lightly, and would most likely give Helf a few more years. Two generations of recruiting classes and performance seems to be the norm before a "real" evaluation.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I would say more like top 20. Lsu, usc, auburn potentially will all be open and all are more alluring than we are.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Top 10, I know for a fact Peterson was calling about the job last time, and the AD didn't even interview him. Coaches will line up for the job, unlike SC who one good hire in 25years was pure dumb luck.
lukeyrid13
All-American

Post by lukeyrid13 »

buckmarkduck wrote:Top 10, I know for a fact Peterson was calling about the job last time, and the AD didn't even interview him. Coaches will line up for the job, unlike SC who one good hire in 25years was pure dumb luck.
Alabama
Ohio state
Notre dame
Texas
Lsu
Florida
Oklahoma
Michigan
Florida state
Clemson

Then you have: Georgia, Texas am, Tennessee, Wisconsin, Michigan st, Penn st, auburn. We fall in line somewhere amongst that second tier of teams. Probably around 17th overall IMO
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

buckmarkduck wrote:Top 10, I know for a fact Peterson was calling about the job last time, and the AD didn't even interview him. Coaches will line up for the job, unlike SC who one good hire in 25years was pure dumb luck.
Wait, really? Was this after Chip left?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lukeyrid13
All-American

Post by lukeyrid13 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:

I also heard he would have come here in 2013. Everyone, fans, AD etc wanted to keep the exact same offense instead though. Short term it paid some dividends but long term we are going to really regret what could have been.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

lukeyrid13 wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:

I also heard he would have come here in 2013. Everyone, fans, AD etc wanted to keep the exact same offense instead though. Short term it paid some dividends but long term we are going to really regret what could have been.
I disagree. I hate the way Boise State played under him, and I hate the way Washington plays under him now. I think it's funny we've gone so quickly from how proud of this program people were for all the recruits getting in school and good guy Marcus to be willing to have a coach like that or some of the others that have been listed who encourage cheap shots and recruit fringe kids.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

I personally only want a spread guy to take over. I don't want to become a pro O again, the smartest thing MB ever do was go away from it. That's why I never wanted Peterson. There are plenty of good coaches who will keep our O the same. Hell worst case, hire a great DC who's willing to hire a spread OC. But he'd have to be a top 5 DC.
pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck2013 »

I'm still not in the fire Helf camp, but...

What does everyone think of Dan Mullen, if Mississippi State fires him after the season? We've already had Crowton and Kelly...might as well bring in the final member of the New Hampshire Mafia.

Other options:
-Scott Frost
-Rocky Long
-Bryan Harsin
-Gus Malzahn?
-Rich Rodriguez?
-P.J. Fleck

Not an ideal enough list to fire Helf IMO, because I don't think Herman picks Oregon over LSU.
QuackAttack92
Three Star Recruit

Post by QuackAttack92 »

pdxduck2013 wrote:I'm still not in the fire Helf camp, but...

What does everyone think of Dan Mullen, if Mississippi State fires him after the season? We've already had Crowton and Kelly...might as well bring in the final member of the New Hampshire Mafia.

Other options:
-Scott Frost
-Rocky Long
-Bryan Harsin
-Gus Malzahn?
-Rich Rodriguez?
-P.J. Fleck

Not an ideal enough list to fire Helf IMO, because I don't think Herman picks Oregon over LSU.
I'd rather Altman do double duty and coach football than bring Helf back for another season...he better be toast
"F***** score points. What's your plan?"- Chipper
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

pdxduck2013 wrote:I'm still not in the fire Helf camp, but...

Other options:
-Scott Frost
-Rocky Long
-Bryan Harsin
-Gus Malzahn?
-Rich Rodriguez?
-P.J. Fleck

I don't think any of those coaches would be an improvement.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

If Lubick is the guy to replace him, why the hell would you want Helf fired? Lubick's play calling is awful most of the time.
QuackAttack92
Three Star Recruit

Post by QuackAttack92 »

fpsduck wrote:If Lubick is the guy to replace him, why the hell would you want Helf fired? Lubick's play calling is awful most of the time.
I meant on an interim basis not long term
"F***** score points. What's your plan?"- Chipper
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

QuackAttack92 wrote:
fpsduck wrote:If Lubick is the guy to replace him, why the hell would you want Helf fired? Lubick's play calling is awful most of the time.
I meant on an interim basis not long term
Fair enough.

Maybe he'd be willing to make a change at the QB position.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

QuackAttack92, be a little more cordial in your opinions.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13