Lubick with the truly baffling playcalling

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: Lubick with the truly baffling playcalling

Post by buckmarkduck »

People are really complaining about a guy who's O put up 500 yards on the day? THE O ISNT THE PROBLEM, the play calling is fine. It's the D, plain and simple. Am I the only one who remember us only losing one game for 5 years when we scored over 30 pts?
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

buckmarkduck wrote:People are really complaining about a guy who's O put up 500 yards on the day? THE O ISNT THE PROBLEM, the play calling is fine. It's the D, plain and simple. Am I the only one who remember us only losing one game for 5 years when we scored over 30 pts?
It's a problem, even if the defense is more glaring. Frost loved the fade, Lubbick loves the fade...

That's an nfl throw that I wouldn't trust Marcus to make. That's how I feel about goalline fades.

Further, if we did score on the play, we wouldn't have done the defense any favors.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Biggus Duckus wrote:Have we ever thrown an endzone fade and succeeded? I don't think Mariota even threw one.
Lol, yes he did, people just remember the ones he missed. Addison at ASU, twice come to mind.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Besides who here doesn't think Helf has something to say about those calls late in the game? Maybe he's overruling his OC in the red zone, since we continue to call the same plays. I agree it was a terrible call, I'm not saying it wasn't, but overall Lubick has been solid so far.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

buckmarkduck wrote:
Biggus Duckus wrote:Have we ever thrown an endzone fade and succeeded? I don't think Mariota even threw one.
Lol, yes he did, people just remember the ones he missed. Addison at ASU, twice come to mind.
That's because Marcus missed those throws far more than he made it which only continues to prove that you don't call low percentage passes in critical situations.

I mean, Hello Damon Huard ferfuxsake when you have Napolean Kaufman.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

It doesn't matter what the throw is, Prukop just can't seem to put touch on the ball or lead the WR. He's constantly putting the ball behind guys, or overthrowing them. That last fade has to be overthrown, not behind DC.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

buckmarkduck wrote:It doesn't matter what the throw is, Prukop just can't seem to put touch on the ball or lead the WR. He's constantly putting the ball behind guys, or overthrowing them. That last fade has to be overthrown, not behind DC.
I'd say that TD throw to Carrington along the sideline and the wheel route to Griffin along the sideline showed some touch.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

The first TD to Carrington was a bad throw, he's lucky DC bailed him out. He also overthrew him again later on, which would have been a TD.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Colorado's QB knew how to throw a fade. He's going to be really good.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Phenom wrote:Colorado's QB knew how to throw a fade. He's going to be really good.
If he gets to play Oregon every week, then yeah, he'll be amazing.
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

Joey Harrington maybe?
rangerover_95
One Star Recruit

Post by rangerover_95 »

DAT_man_again wrote:Two 3rd and longs, and you run, and then you don't go for it on 4th down?

A fade in the redzone on first and ten with a minute left?

Forget Helf. Lubick has been awful.
Duck07 wrote:
DAT_man_again wrote:Two 3rd and longs, and you run, and then you don't go for it on 4th down?

A fade in the redzone on first and ten with a minute left?

Forget Helf. Lubick has been awful.
Well it's another Helf error late. He has a Mic to Lubbick and can relate, if we score on the first play, they still have a minute and 3 timeouts. Run the first play, make them use timeouts. Qb power is something Dakota can do.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk
snapt
Four Star Recruit

Post by snapt »

Fade notwithstanding, don't forget to the play action call on 4th and long to end the Nebraska game...
BOOF it!
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

Are you guys really complain about a fade to arguable our best tall lanky playmaking wide receiver? If it had been to Nelson then you have reasons to complain. Prukop just threw a terrible ball thats all. The only reason it was MAYBE a bad call is Prukop is not the greatest touch throw QB. But that actual play itself? Was fine. Prukop just under threw it.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

justducky0 wrote:Are you guys really complain about a fade to arguable our best tall lanky playmaking wide receiver? If it had been to Nelson then you have reasons to complain. Prukop just threw a terrible ball thats all. The only reason it was MAYBE a bad call is Prukop is not the greatest touch throw QB. But that actual play itself? Was fine. Prukop just under threw it.
Agreed, it was a bad throw is all.