What wins are left on the schedule?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

karlhungis
All Pac-12

What wins are left on the schedule?

Post by karlhungis »

Outside of the Beavers, is there another win on the schedule?
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
QuackAttack92
Three Star Recruit

Re: What wins are left on the schedule?

Post by QuackAttack92 »

Cal maybe
"F***** score points. What's your plan?"- Chipper
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

A lot, if the D figures out how to tackle and we start Herbert.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

FWIW, I was in Vegas for the weekend and sat with some "wise guys" at the sports book who said it's possible the only game Oregon is a favorite in is OSU.

I asked about Cal and the comment was "against that D?"
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

buckmarkduck wrote:A lot, if the D figures out how to tackle and we start Herbert.
When do you suppose the D will get around to learning how to tackle? If one of the basic fundamentals of defense isn't established yet, is there really a chance they will just figure it out in the coming weeks?
OregonFan4life -
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

Cannot count the Beavers as a sure win. We barely beat them the last two games.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

rockthief wrote:Cannot count the Beavers as a sure win. We barely beat them the last two games.
True but they are clearly the worst team left on the schedule. We "should" beat them, but we will most likely be the underdog in every other game this year.
OregonFan4life -
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

karlhungis wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:A lot, if the D figures out how to tackle and we start Herbert.
When do you suppose the D will get around to learning how to tackle? If one of the basic fundamentals of defense isn't established yet, is there really a chance they will just figure it out in the coming weeks?
When will the linebackers fill the slots and get their timing down? Hope Pellum does the right thing and retires.
mdm0302
Freshman

Post by mdm0302 »

we lost by six combined points to two solid teams. The buffs made two absolute unreal catches for TD's yesterday. The only constant thing about some of you is how high you get when things are good and how low you get when things are bad.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

mdm0302 wrote:we lost by six combined points to two solid teams. The buffs made two absolute unreal catches for TD's yesterday. The only constant thing about some of you is how high you get when things are good and how low you get when things are bad.
So.... what wins are left on the schedule?
OregonFan4life -
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

mdm0302 wrote:we lost by six combined points to two solid teams. The buffs made two absolute unreal catches for TD's yesterday. The only constant thing about some of you is how high you get when things are good and how low you get when things are bad.

Colorado played well because our D is horrible as usual. And yes, what teams are we going to beat? What teams are sweating in fear of playing the Ducks?
mdm0302
Freshman

Post by mdm0302 »

The game I'm least confident about is easily Stanford (obviously), but i still give us a 30% shot at that W. Every other game is absolutely above a 50% chance. If we lose to WSU this week, i might put a foot on to your guys freak out train.

Nebraska is going to end up being in the playoff discussion. Watch that happen. Colorado is going to be in it to win the south. watch that happen. I know there are a lot of reason to be disappointed about those L's, but both games we have lost so easily could have swung our way.
DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Post by DAT_man_again »

Okay, saying we are going to only win one more game is a total overreaction. We started 3-3 last year and finished 9-3.

We will beat Wazzu, easily. You think our defense is bad? Wait until you see that one. We could score 60 on them. Final score will be something like 58 -35.

We will beat Cal. Their defense is god-awful too. Arizona State is a pick-em game.

Obviously OSU is a win. We will beat one of USC/Utah. Washington had to go into OT to beat Arizona. Their defense looked very unimpressive.

So wins v Wazzu, Cal, OSU, USC, and possibly ASU and Washington.

7-5 or 8-4.
"You know we the big brother." - Cliff Harris

"Y'all know what time it is." -Damian Lillard
mdm0302
Freshman

Post by mdm0302 »

rockthief wrote:

Colorado played well because our D is horrible as usual. And yes, what teams are we going to beat? What teams are sweating in fear of playing the Ducks?

Colorado made two absolutely game changing top 5 catches of the year on us for TD's! Yes the defense was underwhelming, but you have to factor how incredible those plays were. Those catches were insane, and without either one of them, we win the game.
mdm0302
Freshman

Post by mdm0302 »

DAT_man_again wrote:Okay, saying we are going to only win one more game is a total overreaction. We started 3-3 last year and finished 9-3.

We will beat Wazzu, easily. You think our defense is bad? Wait until you see that one. We could score 60 on them. Final score will be something like 58 -35.

We will beat Cal. Their defense is god-awful too. Arizona State is a pick-em game.

Obviously OSU is a win. We will beat one of USC/Utah. Washington had to go into OT to beat Arizona. Their defense looked very unimpressive.

So wins v Wazzu, Cal, OSU, USC, and possibly ASU and Washington.

7-5 or 8-4.
Thank you, this is so much more realistic!

Still on the 9-10 win train though.