What wins are left on the schedule?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duck58
Four Star Recruit

Re: What wins are left on the schedule?

Post by duck58 »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:Washington state... a team that loves to pass will suddenly find a run game because of our near dead last defense against he run. Washington state will win. It might be close but the cougars will win. Every team will suddenly find a run game against Oregon even if they have sucked all year running the ball. We might beat the beavers... and might beat Cal or ASU but that is it. Utah will be a loss... UW is a loss... Stanford absolutely is a loss... USC is probably a loss. 3 more wins is tops for this team unless we beat USC. Even at 7-5 Helfrich needs to be fired.
After Nebraska, it seems something to shut down the QB draw and running would have been done. CU's backup QB has a field day. You can bet you will see QB runs until we show we can stop it. I would say we are in trouble with any team with a QB that can run.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Based on what I've seen so far...

Oregon @ WSU
Washington @ Oregon
Oregon @ Cal
Arizona State @ Oregon
Oregon @ USC
Stan @ Oregon
Oregon @ Utah
Oregon @ ORST

So two more wins?!? That doesn't sound right?!?!

I don't know...maybe three with ORST? That still sounds unbelievable right!?!?!

I got to think the Ducks bounce back and when more than that!
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

Oregon @ WSU
Washington @ Oregon
Oregon @ Cal
Arizona State @ Oregon
Oregon @ USC
Stan @ Oregon
Oregon @ Utah
Oregon @ ORST - tossup

Two wins, maybe beat the Beavers for three. Damn, that is just stupid weird to me typing two wins. What happened?
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

If the Ducks can't turn it around and finish strong my only wish is to see the Ducks beat the Huskies and Beavers.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

gofightingducks wrote:If the Ducks can't turn it around and finish strong my only wish is to see the Ducks beat the Huskies and Beavers.

We escaped with the last two wins against Oregon State and our team was many times better than this one. Go Ducks!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

rockthief wrote:Oregon @ WSU
Washington @ Oregon
Oregon @ Cal
Arizona State @ Oregon
Oregon @ USC
Stan @ Oregon
Oregon @ Utah
Oregon @ ORST - tossup

Two wins, maybe beat the Beavers for three. Damn, that is just stupid weird to me typing two wins. What happened?
I think we have better odds of beating ASU than Cal/USC.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
QuackAttack92
Three Star Recruit

Post by QuackAttack92 »

Does it matter at this point? The goal should be to make the final four...now that that's out the window who cares if we go 9-3 or 3-9...makes no difference except a worse season means the necessary changes will be made sooner
"F***** score points. What's your plan?"- Chipper
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

QuackAttack92 wrote:Does it matter at this point? The goal should be to make the final four...now that that's out the window who cares if we go 9-3 or 3-9...makes no difference except a worse season means the necessary changes will be made sooner

Honestly a shot at the national title should never be "the goal" you need a lot of things that you don't control to fall your way for that to happen. Teams should always shoot to win the conference title and mathematically that is still possible for y'all if you can turn things around.

At least that is what I told myself to motivate myself for the rest of the season.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

You guys understand we lost to the #15 team on the road, and a CU team that was beating similar crap teams that UW played, but was looking more dominant doing it. Both teams have a very real shot at winning their divisions.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

buckmarkduck wrote:You guys understand we lost to the #15 team on the road, and a CU team that was beating similar crap teams that UW played, but was looking more dominant doing it. Both teams have a very real shot at winning their divisions.

Don't bring your logic into this! :mrgreen:
DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Post by DAT_man_again »

And once we beat Washington State by 3 TD's, everyone will be talking rose bowl again. Comes with being a "fanatic" I guess :roll:
"You know we the big brother." - Cliff Harris

"Y'all know what time it is." -Damian Lillard
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

DAT_man_again wrote:And once we beat Washington State by 3 TD's, everyone will be talking rose bowl again. Comes with being a "fanatic" I guess :roll:
Pretty much! :lol:
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Why does every defense of the CU loss leave out the fact that they were without their star QB? I know they're improved but let's at least be honest about the CU team that we were actually facing.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

^ Montez became a star in that game. Blech!
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:Why does every defense of the CU loss leave out the fact that they were without their star QB? I know they're improved but let's at least be honest about the CU team that we were actually facing.
Maybe the fact that he made throws that 80% of starters in the country can't make? He actually played a great game, not saying he's going to be a star, just that he played out of his mind.

I'm curious why everyone thinks all these other teams are so great, and will beat UO easily? Like I said before, Arizona moved the ball with a backup qb, and a WR playing RB. Let's see how this plays out before saying the end is near.