We're number 2!

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

karlhungis
All Pac-12

We're number 2!

Post by karlhungis »

We are currently the 2nd most penalized team in all of football. Marshal has a fairly commanding lead though, beating us by over 17 yards a game. The season is young though, I have faith that the coaches will get us ahead of the Thundering Herd in no time.

http://www.cfbstats.com/2016/leader/nat ... ort01.html
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
rockthief
Senior

Re: We're number 2!

Post by rockthief »

Just give the coaches more time, several years of time. They need it to instill discipline, to teach tackling basics and other difficult football things.
fpsduck
Senior

Post by fpsduck »

:lol:
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

rockthief wrote:Just give the coaches more time, several years of time. They need it to instill discipline, to teach tackling basics and other difficult football things.
And one of them gets paid 3.5 million a year. :evil:
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

rockthief wrote:Just give the coaches more time, several years of time. They need it to instill discipline, to teach tackling basics and other difficult football things.
And one of them gets paid 3.5 million a year. :evil:
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

We are 105th in yards allowed. And 101st in points allowed. Wyoming, SMU, and North Texas have better defenses than ours.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Kimber45
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kimber45 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:We are 105th in yards allowed. And 101st in points allowed. Wyoming, SMU, and North Texas have better defenses than ours.
So glad I didn't start an "Oregon's Defense Is Going To Kick Colorado's Ass This Weekend" thread last week.

Still rooting hard for the defense to get it together and take the next (first?) step, but the defense against Colorado looked a lot like the defense that got Coach Pellum demoted.

But Oregon's defense is going to kick Wazzu's ass this weekend fer sure!

Plus there is always the added variable of Wazzu 'couging it at the end of the game to ensure that something unexpected will happen.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Since this thread is actually about penalties, I'll go on the record here and say I'll be happier against WSU if I just see us play an overall cleaner game.

I'm not expecting our D to realistically unscrew itself within a week's time. But I expect a clean game without an abnormally high number of penalties every week.

I do not like No. 2.
Willie Taggart is a dick.