Players Only Meeting

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

dthomas=ddixon

Players Only Meeting

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.s ... bile_index

Some interesting quotes in the article. Good to see players taking responsibility and challenging the next generation of Duck Football.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Re: Players Only Meeting

Post by karlhungis »

I'm glad the players are stepping up. It's too bad that it had to come to this.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I'm glad they finally got the message.

I know everyone around here is pretty defeatist right now... but look at this in the big picture.

This team obviously cares. They WANT to win. They WANT to grow up. Look at everyone we're returning next season. Even if we go undefeated the rest of the season (not happening, but bear with me), this squad is going to come back next year knowing it squandered a huge opportunity to make a darkhorse run at the playoffs.

This is the culture we want, right? We want players who will point the fingers at themselves and be accountable for their actions.

I was thrilled to read about this meeting.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

pezsez1 wrote:I'm glad they finally got the message.

I know everyone around here is pretty defeatist right now... but look at this in the big picture.

This team obviously cares. They WANT to win. They WANT to grow up. Look at everyone we're returning next season. Even if we go undefeated the rest of the season (not happening, but bear with me), this squad is going to come back next year knowing it squandered a huge opportunity to make a darkhorse run at the playoffs.

This is the culture we want, right? We want players who will point the fingers at themselves and be accountable for their actions.

I was thrilled to read about this meeting.
Lets see if it translates to the field before we break our arms patting each other on the back
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Lets see if it translates to the field before we break our arms patting each other on the back
I hope it does.

Playing with heart is great and all, but these players need a win. It would be bad for their confidence to band together but then fail when trying to make a statement.
Willie Taggart is a dick.