68%
Don't fire?
32%

Total votes: 73
TualatinDuck
Senior

Choose his fate!

Post by TualatinDuck »

Since we are openly talking about it so much. How about a simple poll that really only matters to our community. No need to discuss if you don't want to, we are already doing that in other threads. Let's see where the majority stands.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
Duck07
All-American

Re: Choose his fate!

Post by Duck07 »

Fire Helfrich...turn to page 80.
Stay the course...turn to page 57.
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

Duck07 wrote:Fire Helfrich...turn to page 80.
Stay the course...turn to page 57.
Completely forgot about those. That was during the off season or last year wasn't it?
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I don't think it matters... he gets fired an gets 11 million as a buyout...and can buy a house anywhere he wants and live quite comfortably. I would love to have a job where get fired and get paid 11 million as a consequence for not performing my job up to the standards. I think a lot of us be ok with that. :)
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I just don't see Oregon paying out $11 million and then having to pay for another new coach and their staff. I think they're going to give him at least another year to turn things around but with the caveat that he changes the staff a bit.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

greenyellow wrote:I just don't see Oregon paying out $11 million and then having to pay for another new coach and their staff. I think they're going to give him at least another year to turn things around but with the caveat that he changes the staff a bit.
The staff he needs to change is himself. And just imagine the loss in recruiting and bowl game payout loss by keeping him another year. I wonder just how many of our current recruits start "opening up their search" after last nights debacle.
jefflockie
One Star Recruit

Post by jefflockie »

Can Brady Hoke take over the head coaching role? We are already paying a ton for Hoke and he has built programs before.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

jefflockie wrote:Can Brady Hoke take over the head coaching role? We are already paying a ton for Hoke and he has built programs before.
His work at Michigan was not at all impressive.
Duckenstein
Freshman

Post by Duckenstein »

If he's demoted they don't pay buyout perhaps?
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

greenyellow wrote:I just don't see Oregon paying out $11 million and then having to pay for another new coach and their staff. I think they're going to give him at least another year to turn things around but with the caveat that he changes the staff a bit.
If we go say 3-9 and then 5-7 next year and lose all momentum as a program.....it will literally cost us close to a hundred million in lost revenue between ticket sales, merchandising, donor $, etc. Becoming a top 10 with a national brand will earn back 11 million real quick.
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

The financial risk to slipping 2 season's in a row is way too high. Just one losing season will cost a program tens of millions. Two? You lose the $ and recruits. It's taken Washington 14+ years to be relevant again? Bad coaching hires and correcting that far out way the short term financial sacrifice.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

TualatinDuck wrote:The financial risk to slipping 2 season's in a row is way too high. Just one losing season will cost a program tens of millions. Two? You lose the $ and recruits. It's taken Washington 14+ years to be relevant again? Bad coaching hires and correcting that far out way the short term financial sacrifice.
And that's one of the problems. The reason we didn't put Herbert in until this week is the same reason they are going to drag their feet on replacing Helfrich. Fear. There is no slam dunk answer for a replacement and odds are that even if we do replace him, the program will still continue to slide. The damage has already been done, now people are going to play hot potato with the Helfrich problem with the hopes that the blame for the demise of the program doesn't end up landing on their shoulders.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Tray Dub wrote:
jefflockie wrote:Can Brady Hoke take over the head coaching role? We are already paying a ton for Hoke and he has built programs before.
His work at Michigan was not at all impressive.
Holk is not the guy,X2.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Coaching staff overhaul, bring in Nolan too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

I don't mind Hoke as a DC......For now. He needs to be given time to bring is his type of players. Pellum needs to go for sure. He lost the defense the last 2 seasons, and has lost the linebackers this season; in fact, I wouldn't mind seeing a complete overhall of the defensive coaching positions with the exception of Hoke.

As for Helfrich, pay the man his remaining salary and be done with him. He struggled to put points on the board as an OC with Colorado, he never called the shots as an OC with Oregon, and he has failed to keep the momentum as a HC