68%
Don't fire?
32%

Total votes: 73
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Re: Choose his fate!

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I don't want Kiffin..... it goes far beyond his little stunt showing up at Penn States campus when the sanctions were announced and trying to recruit players to USC. I think that is distasteful and disrespectful. Just my opinion. Ig goes beyond that though. Look at what he did at Tennessee... he got fired when was a head coach at Oakland Raiders... got fired at Tennessee, got fired at USC, the guy is at Alabama and quite easy to recruit to Alabama. I am just not sold on him and hope seriously Oregon does not look at him. Been fired at 3 different jobs as head coach... why the love affair with Kiffin? It is a lot easier to recruit to Alabama than just about anywhere in the country so do not think just cause he can recruit at Alabama makes them a good coach. How is it working for Kirby Smart.
UofDuck
Senior

Choose his fate!

Post by UofDuck »

No no no to Kiffin. His only success is tied to Sabah. No Saban and Kiffin would fold like a wet napkin like he has at every other stop along his coaching path.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I am thinking Ed Orgeron might be an interesting target for coach. I am not well versed on how well he knows or likes the spread offense but when he was an interim coach at USC he had good success... some thought he deserved to be the head coach. Fast forward a few years and he is now having some success as interim at LSU. The guy can coach... the players buy into his coaching. He can also recruit really good. Oregon has had issues recruiting. Just kind of my thoughts. I would be curious to hear what others think of him.
mdm0302
Freshman

Post by mdm0302 »

Kelly is coming back
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Guess who's a guest of Chip Kelly at the game today? That's righ, Uncle Phil. Let the rumors fly.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I doubt Chip is coming back. I am sure rumors will fly. I am curious though what people think of my post about Orgeron. I know he can sure motivate kids and get recruits. Not sure about him coaching a spread offense though. I don't know if he would even consider Oregon. I do think he should get a job as a head coach somewhere though. Maybe he wouldn't want it unless it was a big name school. I am not sure in his estimation that Oregon a big enough school for him. I am only speculating.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

buckmarkduck wrote:Guess who's a guest of Chip Kelly at the game today? That's righ, Uncle Phil. Let the rumors fly.
Go Uncle Phil! Get er done! :lol:
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:I doubt Chip is coming back. I am sure rumors will fly. I am curious though what people think of my post about Orgeron. I know he can sure motivate kids and get recruits. Not sure about him coaching a spread offense though. I don't know if he would even consider Oregon. I do think he should get a job as a head coach somewhere though. Maybe he wouldn't want it unless it was a big name school. I am not sure in his estimation that Oregon a big enough school for him. I am only speculating.
At Ole Miss he had some top classes, and yet still had a terrible record. What makes anyone think he can win at UO, with classes that won't be top 10?
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:The AD never said a word after the Utah loss last year. Now we have had 2 consecutive seasons with that kind of loss at home. No way will he say anything unless Phil Knight gets involved and gets him to say something
And Pellum was informed after the Utah game last year he was done as the DC so just because nothing is said publicly it does not mean there is nothing going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:I doubt Chip is coming back. I am sure rumors will fly. I am curious though what people think of my post about Orgeron. I know he can sure motivate kids and get recruits. Not sure about him coaching a spread offense though. I don't know if he would even consider Oregon. I do think he should get a job as a head coach somewhere though. Maybe he wouldn't want it unless it was a big name school. I am not sure in his estimation that Oregon a big enough school for him. I am only speculating.
Uhm- you know Orgeron's history right??? Cause if you do, you don't want him at Oregon. He is known in all circles of college football as one of the dirtiest recruiters in the business.

GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

Urban Meyer, Lane Kiffin. amongst several others are slime balls when it comes to recruiting. I am sure if Urban Meyer wanted to come to Oregon would be a love fest with the guy. Art Briles was in charge at Baylor and fired because of the fiasco there. Lane Kiffin and Briles both received a lot of votes for who people wanted as coach. I personally had forgot about Orgerons recruiting practices so thank you for pointing it out. My only point is that were plenty on this forum who only cared about winning... and not so much how they won as long as they didn't land Oregon on probation.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Watching the SF - Tampa Bay game, and it strikes me how similar the 49er situation is to the ducks on defense. Both are embarrassing against the run. If the problem at Oregon is defense, I'm not sure Kelly is the answer, as much as I like the idea of his coming back. I'm not sure why Hoke is getting so much of a pass here; he obviously isn't getting it done. Seems like we should be more concerned with replacing him than Helfrich.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Phalanx wrote:Watching the SF - Tampa Bay game, and it strikes me how similar the 49er situation is to the ducks on defense. Both are embarrassing against the run. If the problem at Oregon is defense, I'm not sure Kelly is the answer, as much as I like the idea of his coming back. I'm not sure why Hoke is getting so much of a pass here; he obviously isn't getting it done. Seems like we should be more concerned with replacing him than Helfrich.
Who's giving him a pass? I've said we should have left him in the Palouse, and I have wavered on that since. He's got no clue, makes me wonder who's worse Hoke, Pellum or Stubler? And what did we as a school do to the universe to end up with 3 of the worse DC in football history?
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I think the only reason Hoke would get a pass if he does is the fact of all the injuries... the switch from the 4-3 to the 3-4 , the bare cabinet when he got here, I thought by now might see some improvement in the defense and clearly we haven't. I do think part of the problem is the contentment of guys not wanting to learn or adapt. Some of them probably never learned to do things Hoke asking them to. I am only speculating. I will have no problem if whoever comes in gets rid of all of them on defense and cleans house on that side of the ball. If Hoke does get to stay it will be for any one of the reasons I mentioned. If guys refuse to adapt to what Hoke wants done then I personally think they should be sat and not allowed to play. In the work place if do not want to do things the way boss wants it done are liable to be fired. The kids need to learn if do not want to do things the way boss wants them done there are consequences. It is called reality. I am only basing this on fact have heard players coming out saying are players not giving their all. I suspect some of that is on defense. The ones who do not buy in should not see the field.
liberalduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by liberalduck »

QuackininBama wrote:
greenyellow wrote:I just don't see Oregon paying out $11 million and then having to pay for another new coach and their staff. I think they're going to give him at least another year to turn things around but with the caveat that he changes the staff a bit.
The staff he needs to change is himself. And just imagine the loss in recruiting and bowl game payout loss by keeping him another year. I wonder just how many of our current recruits start "opening up their search" after last nights debacle.
Yep. He is not head coach material. Who's going to choose the staff? He chose the staff for a few positions and it has turned out poorly. Why do it again? He is the problem. A good head coach has a vision, a plan to get there, and the leadership skills to get his players and coaches to believe and perform at their best. Helfrich has none of these.