Don't fire?
32%

Total votes: 73
squintsdd
Sophomore

Re: Choose his fate!

Post by squintsdd »

lmduck wrote:
GoDucksIn09 wrote:I doubt Chip is coming back. I am sure rumors will fly. I am curious though what people think of my post about Orgeron. I know he can sure motivate kids and get recruits. Not sure about him coaching a spread offense though. I don't know if he would even consider Oregon. I do think he should get a job as a head coach somewhere though. Maybe he wouldn't want it unless it was a big name school. I am not sure in his estimation that Oregon a big enough school for him. I am only speculating.
Uhm- you know Orgeron's history right??? Cause if you do, you don't want him at Oregon. He is known in all circles of college football as one of the dirtiest recruiters in the business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is a common statement Oregon fans make to argue against him, but the fact of the matter is that he keeps landing, and succeeding, at top level colleges. If he is so dirty, why does he constantly end up being successful with no infractions?
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

BTJ201
Three Star Recruit

Post by BTJ201 »

Well if nothing else that is very interesting!
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Don't get my hopes up....Don't get my hopes up....Don't get my hopes up....Don't get my hopes up....
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

karlhungis wrote:
Don't get my hopes up....Don't get my hopes up....Don't get my hopes up....Don't get my hopes up....
Don't. Some Bay Area media jamoke is getting fed legit Phil Knight information? Yeah right.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I don't know who any of those people are on that twitter link. Even if Phil Knight was fishing for something and not in the shallow end does not mean has anything to do with Oregon football. It could... but it could not as well. Until I see some actual football ties and are related to Oregon then this is probably nothing.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Duck24 wrote:
karlhungis wrote:
Don't. Some Bay Area media jamoke is getting fed legit Phil Knight information? Yeah right.

^^^ X2, agree, someone in the Bay Area media has inside info on Phils phone habits. He got what he wanted, attention.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Football coaching is a fairly tight knit community. Potential staff changes are known long before the average fan learns. Doesn't someone on this board claim Pellum was told of his demotion in September (Utah game) last year? If true it's safe to assume at least a few inquiries were made prior to the end of the season so the word was out. Beside Stanford and Cal how many college teams are in the Bay area? It's reasonable to believe this guy has multiple well connected sources.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

maxduck wrote:Football coaching is a fairly tight knit community. Potential staff changes are known long before the average fan learns. Doesn't someone on this board claim Pellum was told of his demotion in September (Utah game) last year? If true it's safe to assume at least a few inquiries were made prior to the end of the season so the word was out. Beside Stanford and Cal how many college teams are in the Bay area? It's reasonable to believe this guy has multiple well connected sources.
Middlekauf used to be an NFL scout. Not sure what kinds of connections he might have.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

So Phil Knight was in Frisco talking to Kelly.. They are probably friends. I am sure they talked about Oregon but does not mean Kelly is coming back. Phil Knight is a billionaire and knows tons of people. None of it means is absolutely tied to Oregon. He owns a multi million dollar company. It could be he is talking about Nike and has nothing to do with Oregon. Until we hear something more concrete is just wild speculation and rumors.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

karlhungis wrote:
lol, right? A homerun hire would be fun, but...

The way I see it, almost anything will be an upgrade. My biggest curiosity is once Helf is fired and we have a new coach, how many assistant coaches get changed? And there's no doubt if we lose a Coach Neal or a Coach Campbell that we will start losing lots of recruits right off the bat.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13