Oregon @ Cal (Fri Oct 21, 7:30 pm ESPN)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

BTJ201
Three Star Recruit

Re: Oregon @ Cal (Fri Oct 21, 7:30 pm ESPN)

Post by BTJ201 »

mrpd21 wrote:OK. I have spoken my peace regarding the coaches.
Just wanna say that I am PROUD of how these guys rebounded and came back! Easily could have quit and for a moment I thought they were doing just that. Schooler is a beast and Herbert is a stud. The future is bright with those two young leaders. We wouldn't have even been in position to win the game if they didn't have so much fight in them. Go Ducks and I still believe this this team has a couple wins in them.
Agree, sad that schooler as a true freshman might be our most sound tackler! Also Tony Brooks-James is a star he is going to take touches away from Freeman even when Freeman is 100 percent!
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

I'm not convinced Freeman isn't close to 100%. He just isn't running hard. TBJ should have gotten 20 carries yesterday. And is Taj the most snakebit guy of the group? He had about another 100yds of O called back for stupid penalties.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

buckmarkduck wrote:I'm not convinced Freeman isn't close to 100%. He just isn't running hard. TBJ should have gotten 20 carries yesterday. And is Taj the most snakebit guy of the group? He had about another 100yds of O called back for stupid penalties.
Hey something we can completely agree on! :lol: Freeman is just not giving his all, he may be banged up and has a bad O line but TBJ and Taj are getting it done with the same line.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

I'm not one for moral victories but the second half effort was very promising. As others have said, it was nice to see the team playing like they gave a crap for once.

The penalties were absolutely aggravating but I guess that comes with playing so many freshmen. The injuries on D, good lord. Oregon was playing so short handed on D by the end of the game. Dye could barely stand in 2nd OT but was still in on all the action. I really wish they would have kept getting TBJ the ball, he was having a hell of a game whereas Royce was woefully ineffective.

I hope we see the effort they gave last night for the rest of the season. There is a ton of talent on this team that if they continue developing, will be competing at a high level the next few years.

On an unrelated note, anyone else see Rob Moseley calling out fans for tweeting at players and talking crap? Absolutely love it.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

mrpd21 wrote:OK. I have spoken my peace regarding the coaches.
Just wanna say that I am PROUD of how these guys rebounded and came back! Easily could have quit and for a moment I thought they were doing just that. Schooler is a beast and Herbert is a stud. The future is bright with those two young leaders. We wouldn't have even been in position to win the game if they didn't have so much fight in them. Go Ducks and I still believe this this team has a couple wins in them.
Great post! The Ducks showed heart and guts in the second half last night. Big things from the two under the radar guys to come in the future. Schooler is a very good tackler, maybe the best form tackler on the D, too bad he's getting so many. Herbert is already the leader on the O, we had a good chance of winning last night, an ing by a true freshman in his second start in double OT, he is forgiven, move on and develope. The two leaders on respective sides of the ball are both true freshman, nothing but good things to come in the years coming.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Duck24 wrote:On an unrelated note, anyone else see Rob Moseley calling out fans for tweeting at players and talking crap? Absolutely love it.
I guess I need to sign up for twitter and start following some of these guys, I would have liked to seen that. I touched on this last night and won't go into the context of how it was said, yet, but last night in pregame Bellotti said most of the noise (about the team) is coming from the "Johnny come lately fans"...... his words not mine....just saying :mrgreen:
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Duck24 wrote:I'm not one for moral victories but the second half effort was very promising. As others have said, it was nice to see the team playing like they gave a crap for once.

The penalties were absolutely aggravating but I guess that comes with playing so many freshmen. The injuries on D, good lord. Oregon was playing so short handed on D by the end of the game. Dye could barely stand in 2nd OT but was still in on all the action. I really wish they would have kept getting TBJ the ball, he was having a hell of a game whereas Royce was woefully ineffective.

I hope we see the effort they gave last night for the rest of the season. There is a ton of talent on this team that if they continue developing, will be competing at a high level the next few years.

On an unrelated note, anyone else see Rob Moseley calling out fans for tweeting at players and talking crap? Absolutely love it.
Why are fans tweeting at players? That's bull to call out a kid online. They didn't ask for Hoke or his 4-3 D. None of our front 4 are even true 4-3 guys, and the fact that Helf decided to make the switch is only on him. It's like trying to pull a trailer when all you have is a corvette. Yeah you can get it rolling, but you'll never stop it. For how smart Helf is, he didn't think this thing through very well.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

I don't do it, I've never tweeted anything in my entire life, HOWEVER, with that being said, if you want to be on ESPN, and have your highlights all over national tv and be featured on Gameday, well, you also have to accept the flip side and deal with idiots on social media. They are big boys, I'm sure they can handle themselves and deal with trashtalk. I don't think they need to be coddled and protected, it comes with the territory.
BTJ201
Three Star Recruit

Post by BTJ201 »

Is there more frustrating player than Cameron Hunt? Seems like every big play we had or short yardage 3rd down Hunt gets a stupid ass penalty! He is infuriating !
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

buckmarkduck wrote:
Duck24 wrote:I'm not one for moral victories but the second half effort was very promising. As others have said, it was nice to see the team playing like they gave a crap for once.

Why are fans tweeting at players? That's bull to call out a kid online. They didn't ask for Hoke or his 4-3 D. None of our front 4 are even true 4-3 guys, and the fact that Helf decided to make the switch is only on him. It's like trying to pull a trailer when all you have is a corvette. Yeah you can get it rolling, but you'll never stop it. For how smart Helf is, he didn't think this thing through very well.
Turns out the kid is the VP of the Pit Crew. Here is Moseley's tweet calling this kid out:
He has since deleted his tweet but it was sent directly to Arrion Springs calling him the worst corner in football. Reading through his timeline, he is the reason I hate fans.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

BTJ201 wrote:Is there more frustrating player than Cameron Hunt? Seems like every big play we had or short yardage 3rd down Hunt gets a stupid ass penalty! He is infuriating !
Hunt is part of the "senior leadership" that has failed to maintain standards. When the most experienced guy commits multiple stupid actions per game it's no surprise the underclassmen follow.

On the bright side I see Schooler and Herbert as next years leaders. Watching the team rush to console Herbert after the int makes me think they will follow his lead and the team will be improved next year regardless of potential coaching changes.
BTJ201
Three Star Recruit

Post by BTJ201 »

maxduck wrote:
BTJ201 wrote:Is there more frustrating player than Cameron Hunt? Seems like every big play we had or short yardage 3rd down Hunt gets a stupid ass penalty! He is infuriating !
Hunt is part of the "senior leadership" that has failed to maintain standards. When the most experienced guy commits multiple stupid actions per game it's no surprise the underclassmen follow.

On the bright side I see Schooler and Herbert as next years leaders. Watching the team rush to console Herbert after the int makes me think they will follow his lead and the team will be improved next year regardless of potential coaching changes.
I agree, I was impressed with all the guys holding him up. He looked truly devastated.
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

That was impressive. They really rallied around him
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Losing always sucks, but it was actually a great game. Going from basically no hope starting the 2nd half to honestly being set up really nicely to come away with a W.

Herbert is great. He definitely looks like he'll be our guy for the next few years.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13