Etiquette

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

TualatinDuck
Senior

Etiquette

Post by TualatinDuck »

Look, this board was started in 2008 ish. Have some respect for your fellow posters. We dont all have to agree but you dont have to be a dick! We are all here for the same reason, we LOVE our Ducks. Recognize that before you post.

/rant off.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
Kimber45
Three Star Recruit

Re: Etiquette

Post by Kimber45 »

buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Maybe I missed something?
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

buckmarkduck wrote:Maybe I missed something?
Me too. A little context would be nice.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

Leave it to the admins to decide Francis
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

We get it, everyone's panties are all in a knot. I've yet to see anything worth being irate about. Let this ish slide...
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

I think there is a disconnect between what some members expect from the forum and what the forum actually is.

We are, I'm assuming, a majority male forum that's communicating, often arguing, through text where tone and other social indicators are missing. Half of my posts are made while I'm crammed in the MAX riding in and out of downtown Portland so I'm not really worrying about whether my posts are worded perfectly in order to come across exactly how I want.

What I believe to be biggest the biggest issue though is the simple fact that the team this board is dedicated to just happens to be in the midst of its worst stretch since the board originated. And it's not even close. Since the boards creation the Ducks have been on a dramatic upward trend and for the first time we're coming on here with not much other than negative results to talk about. It's inevitable that the forum environment is going to be more negative. If there's members that can't come to grips with that then I'm not sure what else to say.
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

No, my bad.

I may or may not have consumed a few too many last night. No clue why I posted this. Ive asked Bud to delete the thread.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I'm fine with the negativity as long as people aren't attacking each other.

We kicked DucksAttack97 (or whatever his name was) to the curb, and that seemed to fix the problem, imo.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
Kimber45
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kimber45 »

TualatinDuck wrote:No, my bad.

I may or may not have consumed a few too many last night. No clue why I posted this. Ive asked Bud to delete the thread.
Meh, don't sweat it mate.

And not having any clue as to the motivation of your rant thread I did what I normally do when I come across something I am unsure about - I poke at it with a stick a little to see what happens. No offense intended.

Football is back on this Friday evening. Then we'll have something to talk about.

Go Ducks!
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Post subject: Re: #7 Michigan State @ #3 Oregon
Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:40 am
QuackininBama wrote:
pezsez1 wrote:
Screw passion, dude is as irrational as a five year old
He went Full Negaduck.
I broke my own rule. Don't drink and post. I was three sheets to the wind by halftime. Sorry bout that guys.
I think we've all done it lol
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

I have to remind myself too often not to drink and post, :lol: Also I talk to Bud a bunch during the Duck games.... oh, ..... ahhhhh, not that Bud but I converse with Bud Light and try not to post. :lol:

Good, light hearted thread.

Thanks
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:I think there is a disconnect between what some members expect from the forum and what the forum actually is.

We are, I'm assuming, a majority male forum that's communicating, often arguing, through text where tone and other social indicators are missing. Half of my posts are made while I'm crammed in the MAX riding in and out of downtown Portland so I'm not really worrying about whether my posts are worded perfectly in order to come across exactly how I want.

What I believe to be biggest the biggest issue though is the simple fact that the team this board is dedicated to just happens to be in the midst of its worst stretch since the board originated. And it's not even close. Since the boards creation the Ducks have been on a dramatic upward trend and for the first time we're coming on here with not much other than negative results to talk about. It's inevitable that the forum environment is going to be more negative. If there's members that can't come to grips with that then I'm not sure what else to say.
Don't assume anything.[SMIRKING FACE]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Yeah just got the message :D
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

:lol:

I like this thread.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13